19228Re:A Metran Kakshi priest's ramblings

  • Rev. Fr. George Thankachan
    Dec 2, 2010
      Dear Mr. Mathew George,

      You said,

      "You are a priest.. Your duty is to lead and not mislead. Your vocation is to guide and not misguide. Please be sincere to your duty and vocation."

      I am glad that at least you admitted the fact that I am a Priest when some fanatics in SOCM forum do not. It is a pity that some people do not know how to respect others. If you believe in the biblical verse Malachi 2:7 "For the lips of a priest should keep knowledge, And people should seek the law from his mouth; For he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts.", I shall guide you in the true path for I know the Way, the Truth and the Life.(John 14:6) which my forefathers have shown me. Please take note that 'the Way, the Truth and the Life ' was first made known to our forefather St.Thomas by our Lord and God Jesus Christ himself. However, I am afraid whether you would know my voice and follow me or not for you are no longer part of my flock.(John 10:4). Please be informed that I am fully convinced of my voaction. I have made it clear in SOCM Forum many times that I am not a fundamentalist or extremist. I do respect the members of the Jacobite faction and invariably do remember the name of the patriarch of Antioch in every holy Qurbana I celebrate. But I cannot digest some false teachings that have evolved in your side. Try to learn and compare the history of both sides -a history wriiten based on historiography. It is not the emotions but the prudence that must administer you.

      Coming to your point on John's gospel which does not mention of the ascension of Christ. My answer is that it does not cover that area even. It stops itself after some events following the resurrection of Christ. But in the case of my argument, it is not that. We see both St.Mark and St. Luke mention of what is said by Mathew but does not refer particularly to the 'rock' in the said context. And only Mathew is seen adding it. St.Mark might have understood many things from St. Peter for he was his disciple. If the reference to the word 'rock' was so important to the person Peter and to the early church, he would certainly have made a reference to it in his gosepl. This is why am I bit skeptical of its importance.

      Please make an analytical study of the holy Bible and follow Christ our creator instead of following the creation blindly.
      With blessings+
      In Christ,
      GeorgeAchen,Ireland.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic