17712Re: Metran Kakshiudey Murumuruppu - Special edition of Viswassamrakshakan

  • Mathew G M
    May 23, 2010
      In Vishasa Smarakshakan, I read about people and factions trying to destroy the Holy Church of our Lord.

      We should remember our Lord Jesus Christ established the Church. We don't have to be afraid about a CBI enquiry or criminal investigation destroying the Church. We should also remember that the Holy Church is not just one individual, no matter how high that individual is in the Church hierarchy. How high is the position of Apostles. It would be much higher position that any other Church position now. Still one of those 12 original Apostles, aided murder, the very murder of his own Lord. But that did not destroy the Church. So we need to remember that the Church is not just one Apostle, it is the communion of all believers.

      In the Gospel of Matthew 16: 18 we read "you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hell shall not prevail against it."
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7elZOMD-0ic
      So when our Lord assures us that the gates of Hell will not prevail against His Holy Church, why are we unnecessarily worried about the Church?

      However, we have to be worried about ourselves as individual. The Lord commands us in the Gospel of Matthew 5: 44, "I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you." Are we doing this ? In the same Gospel in Matthew 5: 13 our Lord tells us : "If the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men."

      To respect a departed soul is expected of a Christian, even if that person is your enemy. So if we call a departed soul, no matter who it is, as Gunda etc, we have lost our flavor. We no longer will be the salt or the earth. Then in the words of our Lord, we become good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.

      Let us not worry about the destruction of the Holy Church. Nothing will happen to it. The Lord guarantees it. Let us worry about us, individual members of the Church. Let us remember, it is not others who will destroy us, it is our own words and actions. Let us not loose our flavor.

      Mathew G M
      0929

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Viswassamrakshakan wrote:

      > Metran Kakshiudey Murumuruppu - Special edition of Viswassamrakshakan
      > http://socmnet.org/viswasasamrakshakan/Special_22May2010.pdf

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic