17254Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Feb 23, 2010
      "To produce something new is always a gamble, and God's creation of man in His image and after His likeness involved a certain degree of risk. It was not that He risked introducing an element of instability or shock into His Eternal Being but that to give man god-like freedom shut the door against predestination in any form. Man is at full liberty to determine himself negatively in relation to God - even to enter into conflict with Him. As infinite love, the Heavenly Father cannot abandon man whom He created for eternity, in order to impart to him His divine plenitude. He lives with us our human tragedy. We appreciate this risk, so breath-taking in its majesty, when we contemplate the life of Christ on earth."

      Archimandrite Sophrony.

      "Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice! Have mercy also upon me, and answer me." Psalms 27:7
    • Show all 1348 messages in this topic