16905Irenaeus

  • Mark Sedrak
    Jan 7, 2010
      Christ is Born! + Let us Glorify Him!

      For if He did not receive the substance of flesh from a human being, He neither was made man nor the Son of man; and if He was not made what we were, He did no great thing in what He suffered and endured. But everyone will allow that we are [composed of] a body taken from the earth, and a soul receiving spirit from God. This, therefore, the Word of God was made, recapitulating in Himself His own handiwork; and on this account does He confess Himself the Son of man, and blesses the meek, because they shall inherit the earth" (Matthew 5:5).

      Irenaeus, Against Heresies
      (Book III, Chapter 22)
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic