15142Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Apr 30, 2009
      CHRIST IS RISEN! TRULY HE IS RISEN!

      "Faith, therefore, takes the place of that which escapes our knowledge, being by its own security a guarantee for what is invisible. So the Apostle says of the faithful soul: 'he endured as seeing Him that is invisible' (Heb. 11:27). Hence foolish is the man who claims that it is possible to know the divine nature by a knowledge that is vain and futile. Nor is any man so great as to be able to equate his reason with the Lord. 'For who is in the clouds,' says David (Ps. 88:7), 'can be compared to the Lord?' What we seek is hardly so small that it can be grasped by the reasoning of insignificant human nature."

      St. Gregory of Nyssa.

      "And those who know Your name will put their trust in You; For You, Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You. Sing praises to the Lord, who dwells in Zion! Declare His deeds among the people." Psalms 9:10-11
    • Show all 1392 messages in this topic