14838Re: Holy Syriac Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Rosary

  • Mathew Thomas
    Mar 9 12:07 AM
      Dear Mr. Apu Jose,

      Thank you for your observation regarding Syrian Odthodox Members wearing Rosary. I too feel that this is a Catholic tradition. First of all our Syrian Orthodox members should realise that God is Omnipresent, Omnicient & Omnipotent. If we have very good faith on God we don't need to wear or use any sign or symbol for the protection or presence of God. I do admit that wearing a normal cross along with the chain on the neck which will be a symbol of Christian faith.

      Also we do believe in Mother Mary because she is the mother of our God Jesus Christ. By the birth of Jesus Christ only Mother Mary became the Holy Mother.

      With prayers,

      Mathew Thomas Kannathumuriyil,
      3673
      BAE Systems, Muscat - Oman

      --- In SOCM-FORUM@yahoogroups.com, Apu Jose wrote:

      > Dear readers,
      >
      > These days I see increasing no of Syriac Orthodox (and for that matter India "Orthodox") people adopting this Roman catholic practice of praying the Rosary.I have even noticed once a Rev Deacon of our Church wearing rosary. I feel they should be taught in the Seminary all the true practices of our Church , so that the laity seeing these things are not misled.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic