14640Spiritual Words.

  • Mark Sadek
    Feb 3 7:29 PM
      "The pleasure of the spirit increases our inner longing even while it satisfies us, since the more we savor it, the more we perceive that there is something more to long for. When we do not possess it, however, we cannot love it, because its savor is unknown. Who can love what is unknown? Therefore the psalmist counsels us, 'Taste and see that the Lord is good.; He means that we will not get to know the Lord's goodness unless we taste it. You must taste the food of life with your hearts, so that by trying it, you can become capable of loving its goodness."

      St. Gregory the Great.

      "I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh." Galatians 5:16
    • Show all 1330 messages in this topic