12636Re: CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE

  • Cijoy Varghese
    Jun 10, 2008
      Dear Sir

      Indian orthodox church still prays for patriach holding throne of antioch in qurbana as our holy father still has not officially removed it. If you call some one your father you have to obey him. Disobeying a god created authority is a sin when you actually believe trust he is one.

      If you get aopportunity read autobiography of mamman mappila published by malayala manorama , copy of which is available in ekm public library. He says this all started in old seminary church of kottayam. When vattashery metropolitian was the malankara metropolitian then patriach had come for a apolistic visit staying in the church terrible difference of opinion occured excommunicated metropolitian which was held by court. Both faction took help of local gundas aana varkey whom orthodox faction consider a matyr was one among them.

      A small meeting under excomunicated bishop was called. They considered joining greek orthodox church or roman church or any other church. He describes that he & many prominent orthodoxians had almost vowed that they will liberate church legaly & spiritualy from antiochian influence alltrough these years they & their sons have fought with this aim in mind with sucess. Vattashery thirumenys excommunication was revoked by St. Ignatious patriach, when thirumeni visited holly father . I had read in another book how it was done. Sorry I don't remember auther but it was published by book trust of india. He was given a holy cross which he was asked to keep in hand through out holy qurbana.

      Thus ended first quarrell. Even thirumeni was surprised. This is strictly for pvt information not for any publication I have just learned a big really big case is going to be put by orthodox faction please pray for gods guidance so that cloud will go away

      Cijoy Varghese
      # 4067
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic