12394Re: Kabaradakkam - Good Friday

  • Dr. Sinu Punnasseril John
    May 5 3:13 PM
      Dear Isaac,

      As far as I know, the practices of Great (good) Friday have slight
      differences in Middle East and in India. In SOC in Middle East and
      also in coptic church, the burial services are conducted with the
      curtain open. The crucifixion and death of Christ is done with
      curtain closed in all parts of our church, remembering the darkeness
      came on earth unusually for that hour, during his crucifixion.

      I dont think it is appropriate to criticize slight differences in
      practices in different regions of the church.

      Remember that church in India have even adopted Hindu
      traditions/practices in wedding and in Church festivals, which are
      not seen in other parts of the churches or anywhere in Bible.

      Sinu Punnasseril John, PhD
      Boston, MA

      ID: 0076
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic