12190Re: An Aramaic Syriac orthodox priest shot dead in Baghdad

  • Bob Burns
    Apr 7 9:52 PM
      I see so much peace on the faces of the mourners. I have no idea how
      the SOC in Iraq is bearing up under the preasure they must experience
      daily. They are a testimony to me who takes for granted the peace I
      experience where I live. I am moved and encouraged by the example of
      the christians in Iraq.

      Bob Burns
      San Francisco
      Posting ID 4027

      > An Aramaic Syriac orthodox priest was shot to death yesterday
      Saturday
      > morning in a neighbourhood of the capital of Baghdad.
      >
      > Father Youssef Adel was gunned down and killed in a drive-by
      shooting in one of Baghdad's considered safest neighbourhoods
      Karrada. This barbaric attack took place outside of his house near
      the St. Peter and Paul Syriac Orthodox church where he presides.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic