12175Re: Devotional Thoughts of New Sunday

  • Jose Kurian Puliyeril
    Apr 2, 2008
      Dear and Respected Brethren,

      In Digest No 2562, Mr. Shinu Jesus Abraham has asked the clarification for the statements in the Devotional Thoughts of New Sunday. I do appreciate beloved Shinu's interest and I do thank him for his response. He has asked to furnish more details about.

      1. When others were frightened of the Jews...
      2. It is traditionally believed that St. Thomas reached his finger.

      For the first point let us see St. John 20: 19. "then the same day at
      evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and said unto them, Peace be unto you"

      May I make it clear that I had no intention to ridicule any one of the Apostles, where as I was quoting a Holy Scriptural truth.

      For the second point it is a traditionally believed faith and what is the harm in it. I don't have much more justification for it at the moment. The same thing only I wrote in the Devotional thoughts: "There is no reason for the denial of St. Thomas when our Lord asked him to reach his finger and to behold our Lord's hand. It is traditionally believed that St. Thomas reached his finger through the print of nails in our Lord's palms and he did put his hand in the wound on the side of our Lord and all the other Apostles kissed the hands of the Apostle of India, as it had touched the living blood and flesh." Can any one of us say that St. Thomas did not have touched the wounds of our Lord? It is only our hope that St. Thomas might have obeyed our Lord, as soon as he was asked by our Lord to put his finger in the mark of the nails and in the wound on the side of our Lord.
      See St. John's statement in Chapter 20 Verse 30.

      Jose Kurian Puliyeril
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic