12161HE is Risen!

  • Thomas Mann
    Mar 31, 2008
      Dear Members,

      We use mobile phones, SMS, e-mails, letters, even messengers for passing messages to others. The content could be either, private, very important or confidential or just a friendly message to our dear. But have you ever thought about the greatest message ever delivered in this world? My sense feels, it was nothing but the message mentioned in Mat 28:6. “He is not here, for HE is risen…” Christ is risen from dead.

      Here starts the basic belief of any Christian. As Saint Paul says to Corinthians “1Cor:15:17 …and if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins.” So our faith would have been gone vain is Christ was not resurrected. We believe in the Risen Christ. World would have not been ever heard or going to hear such a marvelous message again. The message of the angel of the Lord descended from heaven said to women at tomb is still echoes around the world. Yes He is risen!

      Easter is the proof of victory for us, the victory over death. Saint Paul says “Satan is roaming around the world as a roaring lion to swallow his prey.” We have an army marching against us to defeat us like the multitude of forces which were marching against Israel (2 Chronicles 20).

      In Old testament God sent his army to fight for Israel. By Easter, Jesus has defeated the marching invisible army against the humankind. He won that battle for us on Resurrection Morning. All that's left for us to do is, trust Him and begin to praise. Sound out those praises today. Speak them, sing them and declare them in the face of the enemy. Once he hears them, he'll know he does not even stand a chance. This is the expectation of our God from these days the Holy Church set for us after the great Lent days. So the duty is to transform ourselves as the children of resurrection. So resurrection is to transform the mankind - to be with him and to be like him.

      Luke 20:1-3 - Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulcher, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them. And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulcher. And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus. They look the living person among the dead. In another context, Angels ask us to stop looking the living among the dead. Easter days reminds us to stop wandering around in the cemetery of sin, sickness and failure and to step into resurrection life!

      So when we are part takers of His resurrection we are resurrected creature from God with some specific plans. We won’t know what He has in store for each of us only until we put attention on Him. Here comes the plan of the enemy focusing on the problems of each life. He tries to keep attention turned away from the living Word of God. He doesn't want us to know we are full of the resurrection life of Jesus. Because once we truly understand that we have the life of God inside us, we’ll begin to act just like Jesus. There starts the transformation, the resurrected life as a creature of God.

      After the resurrection, Jesus Christ was doing such a transformation among his disciples. Disciples had gone back to their old life with lost hope. Easter days, Jesus appeared near them several times; ate with them; even ask them to feel him. They believed him and became a resurrected creature to lead a life for Holy God.

      After the dead of Jesus read the situation of his disciples! They were scattered, hidden, secretly met each other and more over feared. His resurrection joined them together. (Mat 28:12) He gave great joy to their mind. Their fear was removed. (Mat 28: 8). They were fed. He took bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gave to them. (Luke 24:30) More to anything, Jesus offered the power from on high. (Luke 24:49)

      Yes, the resurrection has given a lot many things to the disciples. Now again in the season of Easter days we experiences the same good news. He is risen! Did we receive those gifts from our Lord Jesus, which the disciples got? Our Easter prayers and celebrations are designed specially for it. May our prayers and celebrations joint us on the splits we have. Let it remove the fear and provide us the heavenly pleasure. May it give us the power to feed the needy! Over all the blessings, May the Easter offer us the Holy Sprit from heaven to led our life looking forward towards the final Day of Judgment.

      May God bless us all!

      Thomas Mann
      Marth Mariam Church Kandanad,
      St Mary’s JSO Cathedral Bangalore.