10485FLASH NEWS!! Augen Mar Dionasios of IOC passed away in an accident

  • SOCM News Bureau
    Jun 5, 2007
      The Metropolitan of Idukki diocese of Malankara Orthodox Syrian Church , Mar Augen Dionasios passed away instantly in a car accident at Ponkunnam, Kottayam, today morning at 10 am. The metropolitan was travelling to Kumali from Kottayam, when his Scorpio van collided head on with a private bus, at Ponkunnam.

      The seriously injured driver of the Metropolitan's car is now admitted in Kottayam Medical college Hospital. While running, the front tyre of the private bus got removed and the bus collided head on with the Metropolitan's Scorpio Van. The Metropolitan died instantly.

      Mar Dionasios took charge of the Idukki diocese on 15th July 2005 only. He was holding various posts in IOC, as the Manager of Catholicate Centre at Devalokam, Episcopal Synod Secretary, Manager of Vallikat Dayara and Principal Secretary to late Catholicose Marthomas Mathews I Bawa.

      SOCM Forum moderators and members extend our heartfelt condolence to the members of MOSC on this unexpected sad demise of their Metropolitan.

      SOCM News Bureau � Kottayam
    • Show all 1469 messages in this topic