Re: Hints with smdbgrid

  • Mike Shkolnik
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 30, 2012
      In OnMouseMove event you need:
      - convert the mouse coordinates to cell rect (MouseToCell method)
      - change the position in dataset (search the row index from cell rect)
      - read the value for your fields
      - restore the position in dataset
      - change the value of Hint property

      With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
      http://www.scalabium.com

      --- In SMComponents@yahoogroups.com, Leonardo Bidi <lbidi@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Mike, I've tried to do this but cant figure out how.
      > Can you please give me a small example ??
      >
      > Thanks so much !!!
      >
      > Regards
      >

      > El 29/03/2012 16:52, Mike Shkolnik escribió:
      > >
      > > Just change the Hint property in OnMouseMove event and apply there the string
      > > from field values
      > >
      > > With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
      > > http://www.scalabium.com
      > >
      > > --- In SMComponents@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SMComponents%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > Leonardo Bidi <lbidi@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi, Mike.
      > > >
      > > > It's possible to "define" a cell hint with some text I want ?
      > > >
      > > > I have a grid with 3 columns but only show the first, so I want to have a hint
      > > > for the cell that is visible with the value of column 1 + column 2 + column 3.
      > > >
      > > > The columns are all string.
      > > >
      > > > Thanks so much.
      > > >
      > > > Best regards

    • Leonardo Bidi
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 11 5:35 AM
        Thanks Mike, I've tried to do this but cant figure out how.
        Can you please give me a small example ??

        Thanks so much !!!

        Regards

        El 29/03/2012 16:52, Mike Shkolnik escribió:

        > Just change the Hint property in OnMouseMove event and apply there the string
        > from field values
        >
        > With best regards, Mike Shkolnik
        > http://www.scalabium.com
        >
        > --- In SMComponents@yahoogroups.com <mailto:SMComponents%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > Leonardo Bidi <lbidi@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi, Mike.
        > >
        > > It's possible to "define" a cell hint with some text I want ?
        > >
        > > I have a grid with 3 columns but only show the first, so I want to have a hint
        > > for the cell that is visible with the value of column 1 + column 2 + column 3.
        > >
        > > The columns are all string.
        > >
        > > Thanks so much.
        > >
        > > Best regards

      • Mike Shkolnik