Habitual Patterns: Exploring Addiction and Meditation

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 14 , Sep 2, 2006
      Hello,

      Ellen asked me to post some information (about Habitual Patterns) to this list after I reminded (at todays SMART mtg.) Lee and Anatol that there will be a meeting next Sunday Sept 10 5-7pm

      I have been attending SMART for about 5 months.
      I have been attending the Habitual Patterns Group for about 16 months.

      Habitual Patterns is co-led by Greg and Dennis, who are members of the Shambhala Center and have worked their way thru some 12 step programs (and have sponsors/sponsees).  Buddhism, as their Higher Power, informs their life experience and find that it compliments the 12 step path in a spiritually and intellectually satisfying way.

      = = = = = = = =
      Habitual Patterns: Exploring Addiction and Meditation
      Meets SECOND SUNDAY of every month 5 - 7 pm by donation

      Habitual Patterns is a practice and study group for people who wish to explore issues of addiction, alcoholism, and recovery in their lives. Combining meditation, study, and discussion, our meetings help us explore the challenges, as well as the opportunities, that our addictions and attachments provide us on the path of meditation and spiritual practice.

      Habitual Patterns is not a 12-step group, but welcomes those who are in 12-step programs, as well as anyone who is interested in exploring issues of addiction and spiritual recovery from a Buddhist perspective.

      For more information about Habitual Patterns, please contact the Shambhala Center.

      Shambhala Meditation Center of New York
      118 West 22nd Street (btw. 6th/7th Aves.), 6th floor
      New York, NY 10011
      212-675-6544
      http://ny.shambhala.org

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Next-gen email? Have it all with the all-new Yahoo! Mail.