Meetup

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
      Friends,

      Our next meetup was tentatively scheduled for tomorrow
      evening, yet I have not heard from most of you regarding whether the
      change to this weekend at the beach for this month works for you or
      not, or suggestions for another venue for tomorrow evening. It is
      completely understandable if you cannot make this month's meetup for
      whatever reasons and I hope we will see you next month at which time
      we will hopefully be back to meeting up at Border's. If you have
      any input about tomorrow evening or this weekend, please let me know
      as soon as you can.

      Since one person did express interest in meeting on the
      beach this weekend and I & my apprentice will be there making at
      least 3 of us, I am perfectly happy to continue with that plan and if
      anyone else decides at the last minute to join us there we will be
      delighted to see you. I will be at the beach this weekend either
      way. If you plan on joining us it would be adviseable to bring
      sandwiches and whatever non-alchoholic beverages you plan to drink.

      I was thinking of meeting at Morro Rock on Saturday around 10am,
      but if another day, time of day, or a different beach works better
      for those interested please let me know as my schedule is completely
      open this weekend; though, I would much prefer the beach by Morro
      Rock. I am perfectly comfortable sitting directly on the sand so I
      will probably not bring a beach blanket or towel. If you wish a
      beach blanket or towel to sit on or a towel to dry off with, please
      bring such. I would like to finalize these plans soon so that
      people will have time to plan to be there.

      BB,

      Daniel
      Group Owner

      --- In SLOpagans@yahoogroups.com, Michael Shook <swordofheru@y...>
      wrote:
      > That's fine with me. Either day is ok
      >
      > SLOpagans@yahoogroups.com wrote:There is 1 message in this issue.
      >
      > Topics in this digest:
      >
      > 1. Next Meetup
      > From: "Daniel"

      __

      __

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 16:42:29 -0000
      > From: "Daniel"
      > Subject: Next Meetup
      >
      > Friends,
      >
      > We have decided to do our meetups on the first Thursday of
      > each month at 7pm which makes the next meetup in less than a week.
      > However, Borders cafe will be closed for three weeks starting
      Monday
      > which means we will need an alternate plan. As downtown SLO is
      > really busy on Thursday nights I don't know what other options we
      > have. Again, I'd rather not meet in a restaurant setting.
      >
      > I was wondering how many of you would be amicable to, instead,
      > meet on that Saturday (August 6th) or Sunday (August 7th) at one of
      > the local beaches for a picnic. We could maybe meet at Morro rock
      or
      > Pismo beach and bring whatever we would want to eat and drink (no
      > alchohol please). How many of you would like such an event and
      would
      > you be able to attend? Would Saturday or Sunday be better for you
      if
      > so? What time of day works best for you? I was thinking around 10am
      > to noon to meet, but any time of day should work fine. I figure
      > while the weather is nice we should take advantage of it. I look
      > forward to your feedback. If this suggestion doesn't work for the
      > majority of you for whatever reason, we can always discuss other
      > options and I am open to suggestions.
      >
      > BB
      >
      > Daniel

      __

      ----

      > http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Nicholas B.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
        Sorry about not responding sooner.

        As far Meeting anywhere else but SLO for me is
        nearly impossible at the moment (the push start
        truck is gone, replaced with a bicycle). So I
        will have to pass on Morro Beach.

        If there is something going on tomorrow in SLO I
        will attend, if not I will catch you tomorrow.

        ~Miaow

        --- Daniel <blessedbethee@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > meet on that Saturday (August 6th) or Sunday
        > (August 7th) at one of
        > > the local beaches for a picnic. We could
        > maybe meet at Morro rock
        > or
        > > Pismo beach and bring whatever we would want
        > to eat and drink (no
        > > alchohol please). How many of you would like
        > such an event and
        > would
        > > you be able to attend? Would Saturday or
        > Sunday be better for you
        > if
        > > so? What time of day works best for you? I
        > was thinking around 10am
        > > to noon to meet, but any time of day should
        > work fine. I figure
        > > while the weather is nice we should take
        > advantage of it. I look
        > > forward to your feedback. If this suggestion
        > doesn't work for the
        > > majority of you for whatever reason, we can

        In the words of the Chesire Cat: "You can't help it. We're all mad in here."
      • Daniel
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2005
              That's understandable.    I wish I knew SLO better so I could've picked another place for us to meet tomorrow evening.  We will miss you.  Hopefully we'll be back to meeting at Border's in September.  Maybe sometime later this month we can pick somewhere in SLO to meet at a park during the day or something (cities don't generally like folks hanging at their parks after dark).  There's no rule saying we can only have one meeting per month.

          BB

          Daniel

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/