Samhain Event (not a ritual)

  • Daniel
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2008
      Hi all,

                I wanted to invite our regular meetup attendees to a Samhain party/event at my home on Sunday October 26 at around noon.  I want to start around noon in case Joe has to work that evening, but we will keep going until after dark.  He'll likely be home again long before we end.  He's working evenings all this month so no worries about his bedtime.

                This is NOT a ritual.  We respect that the majority of SLOpagans prefer to have their own private rituals.  If any regular meetup attendees desire a group rite to honor and/or contact the dead, such can be arranged for later in that week if we are given enough notice.

                  I will provide some food, you should bring some sort of food.  No onions, mushrooms, bell peppers or other peppers with a pungeant aroma due to severe food allergies (even the odor can set them off.)  Fall harvest foods are an awesome thing to bring.  Corn stuff, pumpkin stuff, etc.   We will provide wine!  No need to bring wine!  We have plenty!  You may bring non-alcoholic drinks if you wish, but please limit the alcohol to the wine we provide.  (We'll do eggnog at our Yule gathering. :) LOL )

                  Please let me know ASAP if you can attend so that I may make further plans.  It's just a fun evening to celebrate the season's harvest.  I will add it to the group calendar after I've heard some affirmative responses.

      We will set out a plate of everything, including glasses of each beverage, for the dead as well.

      Namaste,

      Daniel