Full Moon, 10/6/2006, 12:00 pm

  • SLOpagans@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
      Reminder from: SLOpagans's Calendar
      Title: Full Moon
      Date: Friday October 6, 2006
      Time: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
      Repeats: This event does not repeat.
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 2 days, 4 minutes.
      Location: Night Sky
      Copyright © 2006  Yahoo! Inc. All Rights Reserved | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
    • Gerald
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
        Is anything being done for this?

        --- SLOpagans@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Reminder from the Calendar of SLOpagans
        > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOpagans/cal
        >
        > Full Moon
        > Friday October 6, 2006
        > 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
        > (This event does not repeat.)
        > (The next reminder for this event will be sent in 2
        > days, 4 minutes.)
        > Location: Night Sky
        >
        > Notes:
        > The moon will be full at 8:13 P.M. this evening. A
        > great time for your power rituals and blessings.
        >

        > Set up birthday reminders

        > Copyright © 2006 All Rights Reserved
        > www.yahoo.com
        >
        > Privacy Policy:
        > http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us
        >
        > Terms of Service:
        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • Daniel
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
          I'd be interested in knowing as well.  If not, I think it'd be great if we could have full moon gatherings every month.  Maybe a drumming circle or something.  Any interest?   I know there are women's groups who do things for the full moon, any men's groups or mixed groups?   The circle I belong to usually does something small for full/new moons but it'd be nice to do something with a more ecclectically mixed group as well.

          BB

          Daniel

          http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ cal_us/rem/ ?http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/SLOpagans/ cal?v=9&evt_ type=13

          > Copyright &copy;&nbsp; 2006 All Rights Reserved
          > www.yahoo.com
          >
          > Privacy Policy:
          > http://privacy. yahoo.com/ privacy/us
          >
          > Terms of Service:
          > http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

          Do You Yahoo!?
          http://mail. yahoo.com

        • Matt M
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
            Hail Daniel, Gerald and everyone else,
               I'd be interested in joinning any any moon celebrations that you come up with.  This is one of the many areas that I need some help with because I've never really had the opportunity to learn this kind of ritual or celebration.
              As a matter of fact, I'd really be interested in getting together for any discusion of ritual and/or philosophical nature.  Dose anyone ever get together for workshops or seminars of this nature here or nearby?  Would anyone besides me be interested in participating in something like this?
              Also of interest to me,  is there anyplace that people like us can get together and just hang out?  I think it would be great to have a place that some of us frequent so that we can just shoot the breeze and share ideas between Meet-Ups, maybe come up with some interesting ideas for up-coming holy day gatherings and the like.
              I'm a newbie pagan who really is looking forward to sharing spiritual experiences with others of like mind.  Daniel, please let me know if I can help facilitate future events.  For any others who share my wish for hanging out, drop me a line or post it to the group so that others may join us.
                                                                   Until then,
                                                                              Blessed Be
                                                                          Ray of Rig

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
              Hi Matt,

                       So, awesome.  We have another who's interested in some sort of moon gathering.  Let's plan something for next month.   Anyone know of a potential location?   If we want to do a drumming circle (I can provide some instruments, but others would be needed as well) we can maybe even just use one of the local parks.

                   As far as workshops or seminars I don't know of any such thing.  http://www.witchvox.com has some articles and information available about sabbats and esbats and other pagan-related information if you're interested.  As far as getting together just for a philosophical or religious discussion that is something I'm totally interested in.  Perhaps join us at one of our monthly meetups and we could engage in such a conversation there even.  Also, anytime you have questions (anyone) of a pagan, philosophical, or general religious nature, feel free to ask them to the group.  I will answer those I can from my point of view and I'm sure other people are willing to put in their viewpoints, knowledge, and opinions as well.

                 I would be happy to recieve input about meetups and future events.  The areas that you (or anyone) can be helpful is;  Where is the best place (city) for you to have events?  What sort of events would you like to see?  If anyone would like to organize an event in the pagan community of SLO I'd be happy to participate and post the event on the group calendar.  The events I have organized in the past (and will again in the future) are hikes, the labyrinth walk, and the meetups.  If anyone wishes to have an event but isn't comfortable organizing it, I would be happy to help you organize it.

                I don't know the local "hang-out" spots anymore.  I know pagan minded folks used to hang out at Linnaea's in SLO, but not much anymore from what I hear.  If anyone knows please let the group know for anyone who's interested.

              In addition, I will be happy to let the group know of any other pagan events I hear of in the community.   If anyone else would like to post such an event on our calendar, please feel free to contact me and we'll get it on the calendar.

              BB

              Daniel

              Daniel <amonatumra@yahoo. com> wrote:
              I'd be interested in knowing as well.  If not, I think it'd be great if we could have full moon gatherings every month.  Maybe a drumming circle or something.  Any interest?   I know there are women's groups who do things for the full moon, any men's groups or mixed groups?   The circle I belong to usually does something small for full/new moons but it'd be nice to do something with a more ecclectically mixed group as well.

              BB

              Daniel

              Gerald <one04fun@yahoo. com> wrote:
              Is anything being done for this?

              --- SLOpagans@yahoogrou ps.com wrote:

              > Reminder from the Calendar of SLOpagans
              > http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/SLOpagans/ cal
              >
              > Full Moon
              > Friday October 6, 2006
              > 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
              > (This event does not repeat.)
              > (The next reminder for this event will be sent in 2
              > days, 4 minutes.)
              > Location: Night Sky
              >
              > Notes:
              > The moon will be full at 8:13 P.M. this evening. A
              > great time for your power rituals and blessings.
              >

              > Set up birthday reminders

              http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ cal_us/rem/ ?http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/SLOpagans/ cal?v=9&evt_ type=13

              > Copyright &copy;&nbsp; 2006 All Rights Reserved
              > www.yahoo.com
              >
              > Privacy Policy:
              > http://privacy. yahoo.com/ privacy/us
              >
              > Terms of Service:
              > http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

              Do You Yahoo!?
              http://mail. yahoo.com

            • Oooooh
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
                Yes, it would be nice to know of a pagan friendly
                business we could go to. As far as anything else, I
                would be interested in having occasional get togethers
                and bbq here at my place. We could figure out
                something if you want to go forward with that.

                BB
                Lucien

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 5, 2006
                  Date: Friday October 6, 2006
                  Time: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 6, 2006
                    That might be kinda cool.   We can always talk about it more at the meetups.   We're currently talking to a coffee shop here in north county to see if we can have meetups there.   I think the biggest problem we have with finding one place we can all just hang out and run into each other there now and then is that we're spread across this huge county and it's kinda hard for any of us to constantly go over the grade (either direction) or whatnot just to hang out.  It'd be cool, though, if we could at least arrange to get together more than just for the meetups.   Feel free to use the group to post any pagan-friendly gatherings you wish.

                        At least one person has contacted me suggesting maybe we can alternate the meetups between cities so that one month it's in north county and the next month it's in SLO.  I'm not sure how feasible that would be, but it's an idea to consider nonetheless.

                        I would like to arrange at least one more group-hike before the weather really starts turning to rain.  I hike year round rain or shine, but I know most people don't like muddy trails.  We generally have held our hikes at the Los Osos Oaks on Los Osos Valley Road.  If anyone has ideas for alternate areas please let me know.  The only requirements for a location are 1.  It's a gentle hike (so that the most people can make it) 2.  It's public property  and 3. It's in or really close to SLO county.

                        The other day some friends and I were invited to participate in a private drumming circle here in north county.  It was an awesome experience.  They hold them every month and we'll be going again.  Though I wouldn't feel right inviting people they don't know to that circle, the facilitator mentioned some public drumming circles they'll be having in the future and I'll ask if it's alright to post information about that to the group.

                         I generally don't like to use this group for commercial purposes, but since many of us are often looking for pagan and pagan-friendly businesses I thought I'd mention one of my favourite pagan stores here in Atascadero.   It's called Earth Tones.  They have essential oils, incense, pagan jewelry, musical instruments, pagan and new age books, fairies, and a horde of other essential items and fun items for the every day pagan.  A good friend of mine who is Asatruar (Norse Paganism) has beaded jewelry he makes and sells through them also.  It's at 5970 Entrada Ave (next to the Carlton Hotel.)   If anyone happens to be up this way I recommend checking them out.

                       As always, feel free to e-mail me (or the group as a whole) with any suggestions or input.

                    BB

                    Daniel

                    --- Matt M <rayofrig@yahoo. com> wrote:

> [...]
                    > > Location: Night Sky
                    > >
                    > > Notes:
                    > > The moon will be full at 8:13 P.M. this evening.
                    > > great time for your power rituals and blessings.
                    >

                    > > Set up birthday reminders

                    http://us.rd. yahoo.com/ cal_us/rem/ ?http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/SLOpagans/ cal?v=9&evt_ type=13

                    > > Copyright &copy;&nbsp; 2006 All Rights Reserved
                    > > www.yahoo.com
                    > >
                    > > Privacy Policy:
                    > > http://privacy. yahoo.com/ privacy/us
                    > >
                    > > Terms of Service:
                    > > http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

                    > Do You Yahoo!?
                    > protection around
                    > http://mail. yahoo.com

                    > How low will we go? Check out Yahoo! Messenger’s low
                    > PC-to-Phone call rates.

                    > Stay in the know. Pulse on the new Yahoo.com. Check

                    Want to find Yahoo Groups that my interest you, or want to share one that you love? Visit these groups to share:
                    http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/calannounc e or
                    http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/centralcal announce

                    Do You Yahoo!?
                    http://mail. yahoo.com