RE: [S-R] Digest Number 1466

  • Janet Kozlay
    Message 1 of 14 , May 2 11:47 AM
      Thanks again for your input, Vladimir.

      I have noted with some surprise that the 19th-century Lutheran church
      records for Zaturcie, in Turiec, were almost entirely filled with nobles.
      It made me wonder how a region could support so many noble families--all of
      whom intermarried at an alarming rate. I wonder if this, too, could be a
      reason some decided to strike out for newer areas. They were getting just a
      bit too inbred. On the other hand, my husband's great-great grandfather,
      after having moved to the Hungarian Plain, went back north around 1825 to
      marry a girl from the area.

      Janet