Re: [S-R] Crooks and Hooligans

  • Vladimir Bohinc
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2004
      Dear Bill,
      The title of the book is something like "The book of executions of the landlords of Rozmberk. It is hard crimes and confessions extracted under torture. Just like were read lately.....
      Vladimir

      People will never change.
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2004
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Vladimir Bohinc" <konekta@n...>
        wrote:
        > Dear Bill,
        > The title of the book is something like "The book of executions of
        the landlords of Rozmberk. It is hard crimes and confessions
        extracted under torture. Just like were read lately.....
        > Vladimir

        Vladimir,

        The book you purchased in Jihoc^esky' about names and crimes and
        muc^it seemed as its documents would be fascinating reading.
        Expected the book to be written in Czech language.
        The earliest written documents in Czech dated back to the 11th
        century.
        Before the 14th c Czech language was formerly called Bohemian and.
        John Huss standardized the spelling in the 14th century.
        Or even perhaps in spisovna c^es^tina or a Czech dialect ?

        The I read the Rozmberk family in 14th century was the most powerful
        clan in Bohemia after the king.
        And a Hungarian-Slovak document called the "Book of Executions of
        the Lords of Rozmberk", some scholars feel contains references to the
        Roma.

        So why was this particular book was written in Hungarian and Slovak and not
        in Czech ?

        Frank K.

        > People will never change.

        ww.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS -or- send blank email to

        > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Service.

        > __________ Informacia od NOD32 1.722 (20040419) __________

        > http://www.eset.sk

      • Vladimir Bohinc
        Message 3 of 5 , May 3, 2004
          Dear Farnk,
          It is fascinating reading. One would not imagine, how much robbing and killing was there in those times. It was like national sport. They were doing it in groups of various sizes. Also counterfeiting money.
          The book is written partly in czech, partly in latin.
          This book shows, that the landlord also had a very positive role in hunting and punishing the criminals. A "democracy" would have been a disaster for the population.
          Vladimir

          > The title of the book is something like "The book of executions of
          the landlords of Rozmberk. It is hard crimes and confessions
          extracted under torture. Just like were read lately.....
          > Vladimir

          Vladimir,

          The book you purchased in Jihoc^esky' about names and crimes and
          muc^it seemed as its documents would be fascinating reading.
          Expected the book to be written in Czech language.
          The earliest written documents in Czech dated back to the 11th
          century.
          Before the 14th c Czech language was formerly called Bohemian and.
          John Huss standardized the spelling in the 14th century.
          Or even perhaps in spisovna c^es^tina or a Czech dialect ?

          The I read the Rozmberk family in 14th century was the most powerful
          clan in Bohemia after the king.
          And a Hungarian-Slovak document called the "Book of Executions of
          the Lords of Rozmberk", some scholars feel contains references to the
          Roma.

          So why was this particular book was written in Hungarian and Slovak and not
          in Czech ?

          Frank K.

          > People will never change.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          http://www.eset.sk

          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2004
            I think this explains in some part why the earliest settler villages were sited in a protective manner - not serially down the road as we see today, but in some sort of cluster which allowed the entire community to be quite close to each other and be allow everyone to be able to defend collectively.
            Bill

            > From: "Vladimir Bohinc" <konekta@...>
            > Date: 2004/05/03 Mon AM 04:54:19 CDT
            > To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
            > Subject: Re: [S-R] Crooks and Hooligans
            >
            > Dear Farnk,
            > It is fascinating reading. One would not imagine, how much robbing and killing was there in those times. It was like national sport. They were doing it in groups of various sizes. Also counterfeiting money.
            > The book is written partly in czech, partly in latin.
            > This book shows, that the landlord also had a very positive role in hunting and punishing the criminals. A "democracy" would have been a disaster for the population.
            > Vladimir

          • Vladimir Bohinc
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2004
              Dear Bill,
              This may be true, but you must consider this;
              the serial placement down the road was more of a hungarian custom, while the german village layout was a cluster around the church.
              The crimes mostly happened out on the road. The horses, of course, were stolen where they were.
              Vladimir

              I think this explains in some part why the earliest settler villages were sited in a protective manner - not serially down the road as we see today, but in some sort of cluster which allowed the entire community to be quite close to each other and be allow everyone to be able to defend collectively.
              Bill

              > From: "Vladimir Bohinc" <konekta@...>
              > Date: 2004/05/03 Mon AM 04:54:19 CDT
              > To: <SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com>
              > Subject: Re: [S-R] Crooks and Hooligans
              >
              > Dear Farnk,
              > It is fascinating reading. One would not imagine, how much robbing and killing was there in those times. It was like national sport. They were doing it in groups of various sizes. Also counterfeiting money.
              > The book is written partly in czech, partly in latin.
              > This book shows, that the landlord also had a very positive role in hunting and punishing the criminals. A "democracy" would have been a disaster for the population.
              > Vladimir

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              http://www.eset.sk