Re: Re: Fetchik

  • JK
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 25, 2000
      > Appalacia@... wrote:
      > >
      > > From: Appalacia@...
      > >
      > > Hi everyone, I am sorry to bother you over something like this, but I am
      adopted and recently found out that my biological Grandmother's maiden name
      was Helen Fetchik. Her parents names were Anna and John Fetchik. I was
      told they came from Slovakia or Czechoslovakia. Helen was born in the US
      with her sisters-Anna, Elizabeth,and Mary. I was wondering if anyone has
      heard of this name or if it is even from one of these countries. Any
      information would be great. Thank you for your time.

      You are no bother at all, if you dont ask there is no way you can learn (and
      utilize the internet all you can, its free). Other resources to aide you
      along with other sites that have been brought to your attention are below.
      All of the sites on the internet are useful in your reseach endeavors and
      utilize as many as possible to learn as much as you can:

      http://rusyn.homepage.com/ - Rusyn Genealogy Home Page (there are many sites
      all located on one page that you may find of interest.

      The Carpathian Connection
      http://www.tccweb.org/

      Best of luck in your research endeavors!

      Best Regards,
      Joy K
    • Maura Petzolt
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 25, 2000
        I see many have given you great answers, and some information, but let
        me also welcome you to the list, and give you a few suggestions.....

        You don't say what research you have done on this family in the US.
        Methodically you'll need to try and get the appropriate birth, marriage
        and death certificates, also trace the family in the US census and
        obtain naturalization papers (which may lead you to ship arrivals). If
        you read through the sections on my Helpful Hints page, it will help you
        figure out those steps.

        Also, since you mention you are adopted, that might present you with
        some special researching situations. There is a section on Cyndi's List
        at http://www.cyndislist.com devoted to this subject, looking at some of
        the links there may help you.

        Good luck in your search , and keep us posted.

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        Maura Petzolt Mobile Alabama USA
        sabinov@...
        Helpful Hints for Successful Searching
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      • Ylbrd@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 25, 2000
          In a message dated 01/25/2000 2:31:26 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          rcuster@... writes:

          > The name Fetchik (Fec~yk, Fec~ik) is most probably a Rusyn surname --

          More Fecik's coming at ya.......... If you go to this site..........put in
          the name "FECIK"
          <A HREF="http://fragment.dra.sk/cgi-bin/hladaj">Vysledok hladania pre</A>
          These two names and email address's come up ..........email address' of a
          Lenka Fecikova (all women's surnames end in ova) Send an email to them! They
          are both email addess's in Slovakia. Can't hurt they wil love it!

          Lenka Fecikova fecikova@...
          Fecikova fecikova@...

          Happy Hunting!
          Cathy Ambrisko Mullenix
          "2000"
          Searching for: AMBRISKO, MATEJ, SASSAK, STOFKO, of Kostolany Nad. Hornadom,
          (Druzstevna Pri Honade,& St Istavan) Slovakia, Hernad, Vesce, Hungary.
          BARNYIK, BARNICK, of Dacov, Slovakia. YANICKO, JANICHKO, CHERBA, of
          Dubovica,Slovakia. CHURILLA, KANUSCHEK, POLIVKA, LAZORIK, ISTOCIN of
          Dacov, Slovakia. CHEROK (CZIRAK) of Zemplinski, EVON, IVAN, KOVACH. In
          USA: Scranton, Throop, Olyphant, Newton, Pa., Gary, Indiania, Ansonia &
          Milford Ct.
          Please check out my homepage:
          <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/ylbrd/genealogy/index.htm">Memories........
          ....</A>
          http://hometown.aol.com/ylbrd/genealogy/index.htm
          My Grandmother's Recipes......
          Julianna Lazorik Barnyik Ambrisko
          <A HREF="http://www.iarelative.com/recipe/">Recipes of Slovak-World</A>
          Winner of netscapes open directory Cool Site!
          http://www.iarelative.com/recipe/
          PLEASE E-MAIL ME: ylbrd@... Thank You
          "I've fallen into my family tree and I can't get out!"