dubnic^ka and kukuc^a

  • Joe Mrnka
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 6:40 PM
      --- Al Dubnicka <dubytwo@...> wrote:
      > Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 20:33:59 -0400
      > From: Al Dubnicka <dubytwo@...>
      > To: Joe Mrnka <jmrnka@...>
      > Subject: Re: dubnic^ka and kukuc^a

      ---------------------------------
      Hi Joe, thanks for responding. I do have a lot of info
      about my mother'sside of the family, Kukuc^a. I received it
      from a fellow in Slovakia andit goes back to the 1600's.
      What I am lacking is the info about my Mom'ssiblings.
      Haven't had much luck in finding out about them.
      Am waiting for the Mormons to complete filming the records
      from BOSACA. Oncethe tapes are released, I'll be able to
      work back starting with my paternalgrandparents. Have the
      names of the grandparents, and have my father's, Uncleand
      Aunt's genealogy from their birth to date because they came
      over here.I have almost nothing on their other siblings.

      A note to Vladimir,
      Thank you for your response. I accidentally deleted your
      email before I couldrespond.

      Al Dubnic^ka

      Joe Mrnka wrote:

      Hi Al,not very sure, but there is a small stream through
      Dubnica nad Vahom in Slovakia, and I think the name of it
      is Dubnic^ka. Kukuc^a sounds like it is related to the word
      kukuc^ka. Which is the local name of the cuckoo bird. This
      should be considered a start, but not definitive. Goodluck
      with your search.Joe __________________________________Do
      you Yahoo!?Win a $20,000 Career Makeover at Yahoo! HotJobs