Web site on census data

  • Andrea Vangor
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2000
      Found on another list, and it looks very interesting:

      http://fisher.lib.virginia.edu/census/

      All kinds of information about census data. I just learned, for example,
      that there were about 69,000 "white" persons born in Czechoslovakia in the
      state of Pennsylvania in 1920, versus about 8,000 in Connecticut. I printed
      out a graph that shows this number for each state. You can compare all
      kinds of variables.

      Enjoy!

      Andrea
    • Gregory J. Kopchak
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2000
        We picked up an old book at auction that has data from the 1920 census.

        It lists Austro-Hungarian immigration (which includes what is now Slovakia)
        in the data and details down to city the number of immigrants from
        Austria-Hungary living in various sections of the country.

        The data uses a pre-WW I definition of Austro-Hungarian.

        Greg Kopchak