good morning

  • jojo
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 9, 2004
      When I recently found my grandfather after looking for many years on the Ellis Island index, I found out that the family had been misguided by some misinformation. .On grandpa's naturalization papers it states that he came from Podosk, Russia (1912) yet on his Ellis island papers states that his village was Czerniatin. When we were there in 1960 we had to fly into Kiev, the village was on a river, was very hilly, and was within 6 at the very most 7 hours driving distance from Kiev, where could this be, Additionally on his declaration of intention states Podolsk, Russia. Any light that anyone could shed on any of this could be greatly appreciated.

      name: Anton Oniscznk ellis island arrival October 1912

      thanks
      Dora