RE: [S-R] new member

  • Armata, Joseph R. (JArmata)
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 6, 2004
      -ik or -cik (-cik is actually two endings: -k plus -ik, which makes
      the -k change to -c) is a common ending, it carries a diminutive
      meaning ("little"), which in surnames can often amount to meaning a
      descendant from somebody. Mihalik or Mihalcik could be read as
      Michael's Little Guy, meaning Michael's son, and eventually
      Mihalik/Mihalcik could become fixed as a surname for that family.

      Joe

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 8, 2004
        Thank you Joe, for that information on -ik. It's my name, and I know so little about it.

        Allison