Re: [S-R] Hamburg Emigration Experience

  • dhanich@juno.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 6 7:39 AM
      Bill,
      I have a question. How similar would the Hamburg experience be
      to that of those who emigrated from, say, Bremen, such as my grandfather?
      It seems that it would be pretty much the same, or were there differences
      between different ports of embarkation?
      --Dave Hanich

      <http://fhh1.hamburg.de/fhh/behoerden/staatsarchiv/link_to_your_roots/en

      <http://www.hamburg.de/Behoerden/Pressestelle/emigration/englisch/welcom
      > e.htm>

      http://www.hamburg.de/Behoerden/Pressestelle/emigration/englisch/welcome
      > .htm
      >
      > , but you cannot fully appreciate the quality and interest of the
      > pictures except through the book. It is a worthwhile addition to
      > your
      > genealogy book collection and can even be used as a coffee-table
      > book
      > for guests to peruse. All descriptions are in German and English.
      > You
      > can find additional information about the book at
      > <http://www.avotaynu.com/books/hamburg.htm>
      > http://www.avotaynu.com/books/hamburg.htm.

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      David Hanich
      Spanish-English Interpreting
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 6 9:57 AM
        Dave,
        I don't think the experience would have been much different. They
        weren't geographically very far apart. Then again, I haven't studied
        the ports to any extent.