Re: New Member

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 81 , Apr 2, 2004
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, stephaine arvay
      <stephainex11@y...> wrote:
      > Hello!
      > I am searching the families of Árvai/Árvay, Czimer, Márs
      and Gregor.
      > ...............1780-1915
      > The old village names are Licze, Deresk, Vargede and
      Valyko.(Gömör megy) now Gemer
      > The Árvai/ Árvay were mill and, landowners.
      > I have seen the old mill in Licince.
      > I have found that, the filming in most of these villages are
      incomplete or have not be done yet. It says Licze is done up to a
      certain
      date but, it is not.
      > The Priest does not have any of the records any more.(Death
      records)
      > Most of the grave stones in Licince are worn out and, you can`t
      read the dates on them.

      > Does anyone know were the names
      > Márs and Czimer come from? We don`t think they are Hungarian or
      Slovak names.

      > So this is a little about my research interest
      > If anyone is familiar with these surname, please let me know.
      >
      > Thank you
      > Stephanie

      ahoj Stephanie

      By coincidence I do Slovak, Czech, Hungarian, Yugoslav etc genealogy
      as a hobby.

      Very interesting.

      I don't personally know your surnames.
      But, A'rvai/A'rvay is a Hungarian surname.
      The letters i/y were interchangeable in old family names.

      The old Hungarian megye (county) was later called Orava (Sk)

      http://www.bogardi.com/gen/g124.shtml

      The villages were located in different járás (districts) in Gömör -e's Kis-=
      Hont megye.

      under Tornalja
      Lice/Liczine Licince (Sk)
      Dersek/Dressko Dersek/Drz^kovce (Sk)

      under Rima-Szécs
      Várgede Hodejov (Sk)

      under Rimaszombat
      Vályko/Vály Valice (Sk)

      The LDS-Mormons have filmed some of the R.C. parish church records :
      Lice/Liczine Licince (Sk)
      Licince, Slovakia, formerly Licze, Gömör megye,
      Hungary.(1787-1859)

      Text in Latin and Hungarian.
      film # 1923085

      Supposedly , R.C. parish church records (1829-1887) for
      Vályko/Vály
      Valice (Sk)
      are listed under Uzovska Panica.

      For Várgede (1762-1897) under Hodejov (Sk)

      For Dersek/Dressko (1787-1896) under Drz^kovce (Sk)

      I can't locate them in LDS Family History Library catalog.
      Call International desk 800 number for the LDS HQ in Salt Lake City,
      UT.
      A toll free number 1-800-453-3860, extension 2881.

      Call and ask Sylvie Pysnaková where the LDS microfilm numbers for
      R.C. parish church records for latter 3 villages as listed in the '
      Cirkevné Matriky na Slovensku zo 16.-19. Storoc^ia ' (Parish
      Registers in
      Slovakia From 16th to 19th Century) might be located ?

      Surnames Mars could be from many countries ?

      Surname Czimer is a Hungarian surname from Bács-Bodrog megye,
      Hungary in
      former Yugoslavija (now Serbia and Montenegro)
      USA just shut off any foreign aid to Serbia and Montenegro.
      Do you have any first names for Czimer surname bearers ?

      Frank K
      Frantis^ek (Sk)
      Ferenc (H)
      Franjo (Cr)
      Franciszek (P)

    • John
      Message 81 of 81 , Dec 8, 2012
        >>> Anyone who wishes to explore THAT topic should do so on Slovak World, please! <<<

        Acquiring new memberships at Slovak World is seemingly impossible. Greg Kopchak is not responding.