Re: [S-R] My first message

  • Vladimir Linder
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2004
      I don't thionk so. SHe was the blood thirsty countess of CACHTICE.

    • Caye Caswick
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 31, 2004
        Wow, I haven't quite gotten to the Basilica of the Seven Sorrows -- but that Alzbeta Bathory sure was an interesting woman -- and when I first began my genealogy, I used to joke . . . "watch . . . I'll bet I'm related to vampires from Transylvania" . . . be careful what you say out loud . . . it could be fact . . . I'm eager to learn more tomorrow -- but I'm off to PreSanctified services now. Fascinating stuff.

        Caye

        Vladimir Linder wrote:
        > What a coincidence, I have been through Brezina at the beginning of March.
        > I was coming from Hungary after visiting the FUZER castle where Alzbeta
        > Bathory was born. Fuzer is about 5 miles west of Brezina, just over the
        > border.I was on my way to Slivnik and Kosice.
        >
        > Vladi
        >

        > At 07:21 AM 3/31/2004, you wrote:
        >
        >>Hi Bruce:
        >>
        >>I'm researching MITRO as well -- from the Kolbas, now Brezina area -- I
        >>don't have much other than names and dob/dod -- but would be interested in
        >>sharing any MITRO info with you.
        >>

        >>Caye
        >>

        >>"Bruce M. Sisko" <bmsisko@...> wrote:
        >>Hi everyone!
        >> I've been reading your messages for a couple of months and finally
        >>took the plunge....my paternal ancestors are Siska's from Zemplen
        >>Megye (mostly the village of Damocz, now Damoc). I've gone back as
        >>far as 1774 with reference to a Siska in the village. Along the way,
        >>I find that I'm probably/possibly related to the following: Horvath,
        >>Csubak,Brezo, Derszo, Deak, Mitro, and Sirokmann.
        >> My immediate research has brought me back home, however, and my
        >>question today is about records for someone who served in the U.S.
        >>Merchant Marine...a cousin John Siska, b. 1918, died in Edison NJ
        >>in 1960. Am I correct in assuming that I cannot find him in the SSDI
        >>because military did not enroll in Social Security? If so, where and
        >>how can I access records for the Merchant Marine?
        >>
        >>Thanks
        >>
        >>Bruce
        >>

        >>To unsubscribe from this group, go to
        >><http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS>http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS

        >> *
        >><mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >>
        >> *
        >> * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
        >><http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of Service.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Vladimir Linder
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 31, 2004
          In my last issue of the Slovak Heritage Live newsletter I wrote three page
          article on Alzbeta Bathory that I put together after reading five books on her.

          I can send free sample issue to anybody in North America while the
          qualities last, however I have only 20 newsletters left.

          Vladimir

          At 02:16 PM 3/31/2004, you wrote:
          >Wow, I haven't quite gotten to the Basilica of the Seven Sorrows -- but
          >that Alzbeta Bathory sure was an interesting woman -- and when I first
          >began my genealogy, I used to joke . . . "watch . . . I'll bet I'm related
          >to vampires from Transylvania" . . . be careful what you say out loud . .
          >. it could be fact . . . I'm eager to learn more tomorrow -- but I'm off
          >to PreSanctified services now. Fascinating stuff.
          >

          >Caye
          >

          >Don Havlicek <n8de@...> wrote:
          >Alzbeta BATHORY .. isn't she the reason for the Basilica of the Seven
          >Sorrows at Sastin-Straze?
          >S'Bohom,
          >Don Havlicek
          >

          >Vladimir Linder wrote:
          > > What a coincidence, I have been through Brezina at the beginning of March.
          > > I was coming from Hungary after visiting the FUZER castle where Alzbeta
          > > Bathory was born. Fuzer is about 5 miles west of Brezina, just over the
          > > border.I was on my way to Slivnik and Kosice.
          > >
          > > Vladi
          > >

          > > At 07:21 AM 3/31/2004, you wrote:
          > >
          > >>Hi Bruce:
          > >>
          > >>I'm researching MITRO as well -- from the Kolbas, now Brezina area -- I
          > >>don't have much other than names and dob/dod -- but would be interested in
          > >>sharing any MITRO info with you.
          > >>

          > >>Caye
          > >>

          > >>"Bruce M. Sisko" <bmsisko@...> wrote:
          > >>Hi everyone!
          > >> I've been reading your messages for a couple of months and finally
          > >>took the plunge....my paternal ancestors are Siska's from Zemplen
          > >>Megye (mostly the village of Damocz, now Damoc). I've gone back as
          > >>far as 1774 with reference to a Siska in the village. Along the way,
          > >>I find that I'm probably/possibly related to the following: Horvath,
          > >>Csubak,Brezo, Derszo, Deak, Mitro, and Sirokmann.
          > >> My immediate research has brought me back home, however, and my
          > >>question today is about records for someone who served in the U.S.
          > >>Merchant Marine...a cousin John Siska, b. 1918, died in Edison NJ
          > >>in 1960. Am I correct in assuming that I cannot find him in the SSDI
          > >>because military did not enroll in Social Security? If so, where and
          > >>how can I access records for the Merchant Marine?
          > >>
          > >>Thanks
          > >>
          > >>Bruce
        • Vladimir Linder
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 31, 2004
            Come to think of it I will put the article on the net on my CASTLES pages.
            Should be there in few hours I will mail the link to the list as soon as it
            is done.

            Saves me on the postage, but I will still send the newsletters if someone
            wants.

            Vladi

          • Bratgirl54@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 31, 2004
              What a small world.........I have found through this site living family
              members (Kuruc, Kurucz, Kusnir) in Brezina and Kocise. I found out a cousin of
              mine is mayor in village in Brezina.

            • Caye Caswick
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
                Bratgirl --

                Would you please contact me privately -- I'd like the information on your cousin the Mayor of Brezina, if that's ok with you -- I'm trying to find some history on Brezina. Thanks so much.

                Caye

                Bratgirl54@... wrote:
                What a small world.........I have found through this site living family
                members (Kuruc, Kurucz, Kusnir) in Brezina and Kocise. I found out a cousin of
                mine is mayor in village in Brezina.

                Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT