Re: Information on My Grandparents

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2004
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, barb bodoh <babette_55@y...> wrote:
      > I'm searching for information on my grandparents. My grandfather's name w=
      as Antone(Anton) Dessort(could have been
      Dezert of Dessert), born in Bohemia, Czech(part of the Austro-Hungarian Emp=
      ire--not sure where) on 1/8/1878. His
      father's name was Wenzel Dessort and his mother's name was Antonia Bauer. =
      My grandmother's name was Marie
      Pleier
      (Lang) and was born in Koenigswerth, Bohemia, Czech in the Village of Falk=
      au on the Eger(also part of the
      Austro-Hungarian Empire). She was born on 5/20/1879. Her father's name was =
      Josef Pleier and her mother's name was
      Rosa Lang. Her mother died and she was adopted by her grandfather, Franz L=
      ang in infancy. Any information would be
      appreciated. Thank you!

      Barbara,

      I had replied to your query as below in March 24, 2002.
      You might try posting your query at Czeching Out Our Ancestors
      Where they may be more subscriber interest ?

      http://www.iarelative.com/czech/search.htm

      How are you ?
      Jak se ma'te ? (Cz)
      Wie geht es Ihnen ? (G)

      Königswerth (G) is now called Královske Por^ící (Cz) and is located 79
      mile SW of Praha and near Sokolov, now in the Czech Republic.
      If you want surname records you will need to write the pertinent Czech
      State Archive.
      The LDS-Mormons did not film the parish church records in Czech Republic
      as they did in Slovakia.

      Falkenau an der Eger (Landkreis) was located in former German
      Sudetenland, Czechoslovakia.
      After WW 2 the Czechs expelled all the Germans from the country and
      renamed all the German named towns to Czech names.
      Falkenau was called Sokolov in Czech.
      You might call Královske Por^ící a small suburb of the much larger
      Sokolov which has 5 churches versus only 1 church in former town.

      Frank K