Re: [S-R] Re: New Members

  • Bruce Bagin
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2004
      if you look at the picture Sr. sylvia is in the back row
      http://www.lakeosfs.org/jubilee2003/jubpix3.html

      Bruce Bagin
      312 Boulevard of the Allies,#600
      Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1923
      412-281-1110
      FAX 412-281-8481

      From: Al Dubnicka <dubytwo@...>
      To: SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:20:58 -0500

      Hi Gretchen,

      I've come across quite a few Danyo's on a couple of tapes I've been
      veiwing at the Latter Day Saints Church in Bunnell,
      Florida. They are shown in Kamenicany and Sedmerovce. The tape numbers
      are 19222401, 02 and 03. I don't know if this is the same area that you
      mention.

      Al Dubnicka

      greta6615202 wrote:

      >Hello to all new members! I am pretty new myself! My name is
      >Gretchen and I have been trying to research my father's family,
      >Hirjak. My grandfather, Gyurka Hirjak ("George") came to Western
      >Pennsylvania, USA aound 1902 with his mother, Anna Danyo Hirjak. My
      >great-grandfather, Janos Hirjak, was already here, working in the
      >steel mill in Butler, Pennsylvania. They apparently came from the
      >area in Zemplin then known as Nagykemencze, now known as Kamencze nad
      >Cirochou. I am trying to find out about other family members still
      >in Kamencze, where the family came from, further back the family line
      >as far as I can go and whether or not Gyurka had any siblings. My
      >grandmother, Julia, whom Gyruka married in 1922 in the USA, is part
      >of the Zavacky family from around the same area. I would also like
      >to know more about them. Other family names are Warhola and
      >Janesco. My grandmother Julia Zavacky is apparantly a cousin to the
      >Warhola family from which the artist Andy Warhol comes. Good luck to
      >everyone in their searches! I really don't have much information but
      >will help anyone as much as I can.
      >Gretchen
      >

      >To unsubscribe from this group, go to
      >Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1!
      (Limited-time offer)