Re: Hello from Ludmila

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2004
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, hankalala31@a... wrote:
      > Just coming aboard and want to say hello. My "real" name is Ludmila (nee=
      )
      > Portasikova. My email name comes from stories my father told about the v=
      illage
      > "easy" girl, Hanka. The boys would stand outside and call for her
      > "Hankalala"!!! We loved to hear his stories about his boyhood in Banova.=
      He came to USA
      > before WWI but never lost his accent or love of his native country even
      > though he was a naturilized citizen. He lived to be 90 and has been gone=
      since
      > 1985, but I can still hear his voice in my head (no I am not psycho, just=
      still
      > loving and missing my parents). My mother was born in 1901 in Sevovce an=
      d came
      > to US in her early 20's. My daughter and I always talk about Grandmom an=
      > Grandpop and that keeps them alive and fresh in our minds. Look forward =
      > hearing and "talking" to you all, and by the way, the gardens are absolut=
      ely
      > beautiful. I live on the East Coast in Pennsylvania and the crocus and f=
      orsythia
      > are just starting to bloom here. Can't wait for the warm spring and summ=
      er.
      > Ludmila

      ahoj

      According to my Slovakia AutoAtlas Bánová is located just west of
      Z^ilina, 103 miles NE of Bratislava.
      Bánková has one church and one kas^tiel' (castle)

      The LDS-Mormons have filmed the Roman Catholic parish registers of
      baptisms, marriages, and deaths for Bánová (1752-1912)
      Listed under Lietava, Slovakia, formerly Ljethava, Trencsén megye,
      Hungary.
      Text in Latin and Hungarian.

      film #
      1988312
      1983121
      1983122

      Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

      LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS

      Am sure there are LDS FHCs located in PA wherever you reside.

      Church Record Translations

      http://www.bmi.net/jjaso//

      Hungarian English
      rk.-RK. római katholikus Roman Catholic