Re: [S-R] Re: New Members

  • Bruce Bagin
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2004
      My great grandmother Elizabeth Bagin from Kamenicany remaried when her
      husband Micheal Bagin died. They had one son named Karol Bagin, my paternal
      grandfather, She married Steve Danyo. They had a son named Steve Danyo,
      who immigrated to Milwaukee, Wisconsin where his brother Karol (they had the
      same mother) was living and raised a family in northern wisconsin where he
      found a job. His daughter is Sr. Sylvia Danyo, a Franciscan Nun living in
      Milwaukee, Wisconsin with a sheave of papers showing the Danyo line. The
      Franciscans, OSF had a convent n South Lake Drive in Milwaukee, and may
      still be there. Sr. Danyo is an artist of the first quality and does
      artwork for the Poverello line of cards and prints.

      Bruce Bagin
      312 Boulevard of the Allies,#600
      Pittsburgh, PA 15222-1923
      412-281-1110
      FAX 412-281-8481

        greta6615202 wrote:

        >Hello to all new members! I am pretty new myself! My name is
        >Gretchen and I have been trying to research my father's family,
        >Hirjak. My grandfather, Gyurka Hirjak ("George") came to Western
        >Pennsylvania, USA aound 1902 with his mother, Anna Danyo Hirjak. My
        >great-grandfather, Janos Hirjak, was already here, working in the
        >steel mill in Butler, Pennsylvania. They apparently came from the
        >area in Zemplin then known as Nagykemencze, now known as Kamencze nad
        >Cirochou. I am trying to find out about other family members still
        >in Kamencze, where the family came from, further back the family line
        >as far as I can go and whether or not Gyurka had any siblings. My
        >grandmother, Julia, whom Gyruka married in 1922 in the USA, is part
        >of the Zavacky family from around the same area. I would also like
        >to know more about them. Other family names are Warhola and
        >Janesco. My grandmother Julia Zavacky is apparantly a cousin to the
        >Warhola family from which the artist Andy Warhol comes. Good luck to
        >everyone in their searches! I really don't have much information but
        >will help anyone as much as I can.
        >Gretchen
        >

        >To unsubscribe from this group, go to
        >Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Bruce Bagin
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2004
          if you look at the picture Sr. sylvia is in the back row
          http://www.lakeosfs.org/jubilee2003/jubpix3.html

          greta6615202 wrote:

          >Hello to all new members! I am pretty new myself! My name is
          >Gretchen and I have been trying to research my father's family,
          >Hirjak. My grandfather, Gyurka Hirjak ("George") came to Western
          >Pennsylvania, USA aound 1902 with his mother, Anna Danyo Hirjak. My
          >great-grandfather, Janos Hirjak, was already here, working in the
          >steel mill in Butler, Pennsylvania. They apparently came from the
          >area in Zemplin then known as Nagykemencze, now known as Kamencze nad
          >Cirochou. I am trying to find out about other family members still
          >in Kamencze, where the family came from, further back the family line
          >as far as I can go and whether or not Gyurka had any siblings. My
          >grandmother, Julia, whom Gyruka married in 1922 in the USA, is part
          >of the Zavacky family from around the same area. I would also like
          >to know more about them. Other family names are Warhola and
          >Janesco. My grandmother Julia Zavacky is apparantly a cousin to the
          >Warhola family from which the artist Andy Warhol comes. Good luck to
          >everyone in their searches! I really don't have much information but
          >will help anyone as much as I can.
          >Gretchen
          >

          >To unsubscribe from this group, go to
          >Yahoo! Groups Links

          Yahoo! Groups Links

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Bruce Bagin

            greta6615202 wrote:

            >Hello to all new members! I am pretty new myself! My name is
            >Gretchen and I have been trying to research my father's family,
            >Hirjak. My grandfather, Gyurka Hirjak ("George") came to Western
            >Pennsylvania, USA aound 1902 with his mother, Anna Danyo Hirjak. My
            >great-grandfather, Janos Hirjak, was already here, working in the
            >steel mill in Butler, Pennsylvania. They apparently came from the
            >area in Zemplin then known as Nagykemencze, now known as Kamencze nad
            >Cirochou. I am trying to find out about other family members still
            >in Kamencze, where the family came from, further back the family line
            >as far as I can go and whether or not Gyurka had any siblings. My
            >grandmother, Julia, whom Gyruka married in 1922 in the USA, is part
            >of the Zavacky family from around the same area. I would also like
            >to know more about them. Other family names are Warhola and
            >Janesco. My grandmother Julia Zavacky is apparantly a cousin to the
            >Warhola family from which the artist Andy Warhol comes. Good luck to
            >everyone in their searches! I really don't have much information but
            >will help anyone as much as I can.
            >Gretchen
            >

            >To unsubscribe from this group, go to
            >Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            Yahoo! Groups Links

            Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1!
            (Limited-time offer)