Information on My Grandparents

  • barb bodoh
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 31, 2004
      I'm searching for information on my grandparents. My grandfather's name was Antone(Anton) Dessort(could have been Dezert of Dessert), born in Bohemia, Czech(part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire--not sure where) on 1/8/1878. His father's name was Wenzel Dessort and his mother's name was Antonia Bauer. My grandmother's name was Marie Pleier (Lang) and was born in Koenigswerth, Bohemia, Czech in the Village of Falkau on the Eger(also part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire). She was born on 5/20/1879. Her father's name was Josef Pleier and her mother's name was Rosa Lang. Her mother died and she was adopted by her grandfather, Franz Lang in infancy. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 31, 2004
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, barb bodoh <babette_55@y...> wrote:
        > I'm searching for information on my grandparents. My grandfather's name w=
        as Antone(Anton) Dessort(could have been
        Dezert of Dessert), born in Bohemia, Czech(part of the Austro-Hungarian Emp=
        ire--not sure where) on 1/8/1878. His
        father's name was Wenzel Dessort and his mother's name was Antonia Bauer. =
        My grandmother's name was Marie
        Pleier
        (Lang) and was born in Koenigswerth, Bohemia, Czech in the Village of Falk=
        au on the Eger(also part of the
        Austro-Hungarian Empire). She was born on 5/20/1879. Her father's name was =
        Josef Pleier and her mother's name was
        Rosa Lang. Her mother died and she was adopted by her grandfather, Franz L=
        ang in infancy. Any information would be
        appreciated. Thank you!

        Barbara,

        I had replied to your query as below in March 24, 2002.
        You might try posting your query at Czeching Out Our Ancestors
        Where they may be more subscriber interest ?

        http://www.iarelative.com/czech/search.htm

        How are you ?
        Jak se ma'te ? (Cz)
        Wie geht es Ihnen ? (G)

        Königswerth (G) is now called Královske Por^ící (Cz) and is located 79
        mile SW of Praha and near Sokolov, now in the Czech Republic.
        If you want surname records you will need to write the pertinent Czech
        State Archive.
        The LDS-Mormons did not film the parish church records in Czech Republic
        as they did in Slovakia.

        Falkenau an der Eger (Landkreis) was located in former German
        Sudetenland, Czechoslovakia.
        After WW 2 the Czechs expelled all the Germans from the country and
        renamed all the German named towns to Czech names.
        Falkenau was called Sokolov in Czech.
        You might call Královske Por^ící a small suburb of the much larger
        Sokolov which has 5 churches versus only 1 church in former town.

        Frank K