Re: [S-R] My first message

  • Vladimir Linder
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 31, 2004
      What a coincidence, I have been through Brezina at the beginning of March.
      I was coming from Hungary after visiting the FUZER castle where Alzbeta
      Bathory was born. Fuzer is about 5 miles west of Brezina, just over the
      border.I was on my way to Slivnik and Kosice.

      Vladi

      At 07:21 AM 3/31/2004, you wrote:
      >Hi Bruce:
      >
      >I'm researching MITRO as well -- from the Kolbas, now Brezina area -- I
      >don't have much other than names and dob/dod -- but would be interested in
      >sharing any MITRO info with you.
      >

      >Caye
      >

      >"Bruce M. Sisko" <bmsisko@...> wrote:
      >Hi everyone!
      > I've been reading your messages for a couple of months and finally
      >took the plunge....my paternal ancestors are Siska's from Zemplen
      >Megye (mostly the village of Damocz, now Damoc). I've gone back as
      >far as 1774 with reference to a Siska in the village. Along the way,
      >I find that I'm probably/possibly related to the following: Horvath,
      >Csubak,Brezo, Derszo, Deak, Mitro, and Sirokmann.
      > My immediate research has brought me back home, however, and my
      >question today is about records for someone who served in the U.S.
      >Merchant Marine...a cousin John Siska, b. 1918, died in Edison NJ
      >in 1960. Am I correct in assuming that I cannot find him in the SSDI
      >because military did not enroll in Social Security? If so, where and
      >how can I access records for the Merchant Marine?
      >
      >Thanks
      >
      >Bruce
      >

      >To unsubscribe from this group, go to
      ><http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS>http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS

      > *
      > <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      >
      > *
    • Don Havlicek
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 31, 2004
        Alzbeta BATHORY .. isn't she the reason for the Basilica of the Seven
        Sorrows at Sastin-Straze?
        S'Bohom,
        Don Havlicek

        Vladimir Linder wrote:
        > What a coincidence, I have been through Brezina at the beginning of March.
        > I was coming from Hungary after visiting the FUZER castle where Alzbeta
        > Bathory was born. Fuzer is about 5 miles west of Brezina, just over the
        > border.I was on my way to Slivnik and Kosice.
        >
        > Vladi
        >

        > At 07:21 AM 3/31/2004, you wrote:
        >
        >>Hi Bruce:
        >>
        >>I'm researching MITRO as well -- from the Kolbas, now Brezina area -- I
        >>don't have much other than names and dob/dod -- but would be interested in
        >>sharing any MITRO info with you.
        >>

        >>Caye
        >>

        >>"Bruce M. Sisko" <bmsisko@...> wrote:
        >>Hi everyone!
        >> I've been reading your messages for a couple of months and finally
        >>took the plunge....my paternal ancestors are Siska's from Zemplen
        >>Megye (mostly the village of Damocz, now Damoc). I've gone back as
        >>far as 1774 with reference to a Siska in the village. Along the way,
        >>I find that I'm probably/possibly related to the following: Horvath,
        >>Csubak,Brezo, Derszo, Deak, Mitro, and Sirokmann.
        >> My immediate research has brought me back home, however, and my
        >>question today is about records for someone who served in the U.S.
        >>Merchant Marine...a cousin John Siska, b. 1918, died in Edison NJ
        >>in 1960. Am I correct in assuming that I cannot find him in the SSDI
        >>because military did not enroll in Social Security? If so, where and
        >>how can I access records for the Merchant Marine?
        >>
        >>Thanks
        >>
        >>Bruce
        >>

        >>To unsubscribe from this group, go to
        >><http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS>http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS

        >> *
        >><mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >>
        >> *
        >> * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
        >><http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of Service.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Vladimir Linder
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 31, 2004
          I don't thionk so. SHe was the blood thirsty countess of CACHTICE.

        • Caye Caswick
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 31, 2004
            Wow, I haven't quite gotten to the Basilica of the Seven Sorrows -- but that Alzbeta Bathory sure was an interesting woman -- and when I first began my genealogy, I used to joke . . . "watch . . . I'll bet I'm related to vampires from Transylvania" . . . be careful what you say out loud . . . it could be fact . . . I'm eager to learn more tomorrow -- but I'm off to PreSanctified services now. Fascinating stuff.

            Caye

            Vladimir Linder wrote:
            > What a coincidence, I have been through Brezina at the beginning of March.
            > I was coming from Hungary after visiting the FUZER castle where Alzbeta
            > Bathory was born. Fuzer is about 5 miles west of Brezina, just over the
            > border.I was on my way to Slivnik and Kosice.
            >
            > Vladi
            >

            > At 07:21 AM 3/31/2004, you wrote:
            >
            >>Hi Bruce:
            >>
            >>I'm researching MITRO as well -- from the Kolbas, now Brezina area -- I
            >>don't have much other than names and dob/dod -- but would be interested in
            >>sharing any MITRO info with you.
            >>

            >>Caye
            >>

            >>"Bruce M. Sisko" <bmsisko@...> wrote:
            >>Hi everyone!
            >> I've been reading your messages for a couple of months and finally
            >>took the plunge....my paternal ancestors are Siska's from Zemplen
            >>Megye (mostly the village of Damocz, now Damoc). I've gone back as
            >>far as 1774 with reference to a Siska in the village. Along the way,
            >>I find that I'm probably/possibly related to the following: Horvath,
            >>Csubak,Brezo, Derszo, Deak, Mitro, and Sirokmann.
            >> My immediate research has brought me back home, however, and my
            >>question today is about records for someone who served in the U.S.
            >>Merchant Marine...a cousin John Siska, b. 1918, died in Edison NJ
            >>in 1960. Am I correct in assuming that I cannot find him in the SSDI
            >>because military did not enroll in Social Security? If so, where and
            >>how can I access records for the Merchant Marine?
            >>
            >>Thanks
            >>
            >>Bruce
            >>

            >>To unsubscribe from this group, go to
            >><http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS>http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS

            >> *
            >><mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
            >>
            >> *
            >> * Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the
            >><http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of Service.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Vladimir Linder
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 31, 2004
              In my last issue of the Slovak Heritage Live newsletter I wrote three page
              article on Alzbeta Bathory that I put together after reading five books on her.

              I can send free sample issue to anybody in North America while the
              qualities last, however I have only 20 newsletters left.

              Vladimir

              At 02:16 PM 3/31/2004, you wrote:
              >Wow, I haven't quite gotten to the Basilica of the Seven Sorrows -- but
              >that Alzbeta Bathory sure was an interesting woman -- and when I first
              >began my genealogy, I used to joke . . . "watch . . . I'll bet I'm related
              >to vampires from Transylvania" . . . be careful what you say out loud . .
              >. it could be fact . . . I'm eager to learn more tomorrow -- but I'm off
              >to PreSanctified services now. Fascinating stuff.
              >

              >Caye
              >

              >Don Havlicek <n8de@...> wrote:
              >Alzbeta BATHORY .. isn't she the reason for the Basilica of the Seven
              >Sorrows at Sastin-Straze?
              >S'Bohom,
              >Don Havlicek
              >

              >Vladimir Linder wrote:
              > > What a coincidence, I have been through Brezina at the beginning of March.
              > > I was coming from Hungary after visiting the FUZER castle where Alzbeta
              > > Bathory was born. Fuzer is about 5 miles west of Brezina, just over the
              > > border.I was on my way to Slivnik and Kosice.
              > >
              > > Vladi
              > >

              > > At 07:21 AM 3/31/2004, you wrote:
              > >
              > >>Hi Bruce:
              > >>
              > >>I'm researching MITRO as well -- from the Kolbas, now Brezina area -- I
              > >>don't have much other than names and dob/dod -- but would be interested in
              > >>sharing any MITRO info with you.
              > >>

              > >>Caye
              > >>

              > >>"Bruce M. Sisko" <bmsisko@...> wrote:
              > >>Hi everyone!
              > >> I've been reading your messages for a couple of months and finally
              > >>took the plunge....my paternal ancestors are Siska's from Zemplen
              > >>Megye (mostly the village of Damocz, now Damoc). I've gone back as
              > >>far as 1774 with reference to a Siska in the village. Along the way,
              > >>I find that I'm probably/possibly related to the following: Horvath,
              > >>Csubak,Brezo, Derszo, Deak, Mitro, and Sirokmann.
              > >> My immediate research has brought me back home, however, and my
              > >>question today is about records for someone who served in the U.S.
              > >>Merchant Marine...a cousin John Siska, b. 1918, died in Edison NJ
              > >>in 1960. Am I correct in assuming that I cannot find him in the SSDI
              > >>because military did not enroll in Social Security? If so, where and
              > >>how can I access records for the Merchant Marine?
              > >>
              > >>Thanks
              > >>
              > >>Bruce
            • Vladimir Linder
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 31, 2004
                Come to think of it I will put the article on the net on my CASTLES pages.
                Should be there in few hours I will mail the link to the list as soon as it
                is done.

                Saves me on the postage, but I will still send the newsletters if someone
                wants.

                Vladi

              • Bratgirl54@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 31, 2004
                  What a small world.........I have found through this site living family
                  members (Kuruc, Kurucz, Kusnir) in Brezina and Kocise. I found out a cousin of
                  mine is mayor in village in Brezina.

                • Caye Caswick
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 1, 2004
                    Bratgirl --

                    Would you please contact me privately -- I'd like the information on your cousin the Mayor of Brezina, if that's ok with you -- I'm trying to find some history on Brezina. Thanks so much.

                    Caye

                    Bratgirl54@... wrote:
                    What a small world.........I have found through this site living family
                    members (Kuruc, Kurucz, Kusnir) in Brezina and Kocise. I found out a cousin of
                    mine is mayor in village in Brezina.

                    Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT