Hello from Ludmila

  • hankalala31@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2004
      Just coming aboard and want to say hello. My "real" name is Ludmila (nee)
      Portasikova. My email name comes from stories my father told about the village
      "easy" girl, Hanka. The boys would stand outside and call for her
      "Hankalala"!!! We loved to hear his stories about his boyhood in Banova. He came to USA
      before WWI but never lost his accent or love of his native country even
      though he was a naturilized citizen. He lived to be 90 and has been gone since
      1985, but I can still hear his voice in my head (no I am not psycho, just still
      loving and missing my parents). My mother was born in 1901 in Sevovce and came
      to US in her early 20's. My daughter and I always talk about Grandmom and
      Grandpop and that keeps them alive and fresh in our minds. Look forward to
      hearing and "talking" to you all, and by the way, the gardens are absolutely
      beautiful. I live on the East Coast in Pennsylvania and the crocus and forsythia
      are just starting to bloom here. Can't wait for the warm spring and summer.
      Ludmila

    • Vladimir Linder
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 31, 2004
        Banova is now part of Zilina. The proposed expressway will run south of
        there. It close to a really beautiful castle ruins LIETAVA.
        Regarding your mother are you sure you spelled the village name correctly??
        As I can't find it anywhere.
        Vladi

        At 08:11 AM 3/31/2004, you wrote:
        >Just coming aboard and want to say hello. My "real" name is Ludmila (nee)
        >Portasikova. My email name comes from stories my father told about the
        >village
        >"easy" girl, Hanka. The boys would stand outside and call for her
        >"Hankalala"!!! We loved to hear his stories about his boyhood in
        >Banova. He came to USA
        >before WWI but never lost his accent or love of his native country even
        >though he was a naturilized citizen. He lived to be 90 and has been gone
        >since
        >1985, but I can still hear his voice in my head (no I am not psycho, just
        >still
        >loving and missing my parents). My mother was born in 1901 in Sevovce and
        >came
        >to US in her early 20's. My daughter and I always talk about Grandmom and
        >Grandpop and that keeps them alive and fresh in our minds. Look forward to
        >hearing and "talking" to you all, and by the way, the gardens are absolutely
        >beautiful. I live on the East Coast in Pennsylvania and the crocus and
        >forsythia
        >are just starting to bloom here. Can't wait for the warm spring and summer.
        >Ludmila

        >To unsubscribe from this group, go to
        ><http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS>http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS

        > *
        > <mailto:SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?subject=Unsubscribe>SLOVAK-ROOTS-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
        >
        > *
      • Caye Caswick

          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 31, 2004
            --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, hankalala31@a... wrote:
            > Just coming aboard and want to say hello. My "real" name is Ludmila (nee=
            )
            > Portasikova. My email name comes from stories my father told about the v=
            illage
            > "easy" girl, Hanka. The boys would stand outside and call for her
            > "Hankalala"!!! We loved to hear his stories about his boyhood in Banova.=
            He came to USA
            > before WWI but never lost his accent or love of his native country even
            > though he was a naturilized citizen. He lived to be 90 and has been gone=
            since
            > 1985, but I can still hear his voice in my head (no I am not psycho, just=
            still
            > loving and missing my parents). My mother was born in 1901 in Sevovce an=
            d came
            > to US in her early 20's. My daughter and I always talk about Grandmom an=
            > Grandpop and that keeps them alive and fresh in our minds. Look forward =
            > hearing and "talking" to you all, and by the way, the gardens are absolut=
            ely
            > beautiful. I live on the East Coast in Pennsylvania and the crocus and f=
            orsythia
            > are just starting to bloom here. Can't wait for the warm spring and summ=
            er.
            > Ludmila

            ahoj

            According to my Slovakia AutoAtlas Bánová is located just west of
            Z^ilina, 103 miles NE of Bratislava.
            Bánková has one church and one kas^tiel' (castle)

            The LDS-Mormons have filmed the Roman Catholic parish registers of
            baptisms, marriages, and deaths for Bánová (1752-1912)
            Listed under Lietava, Slovakia, formerly Ljethava, Trencsén megye,
            Hungary.
            Text in Latin and Hungarian.

            film #
            1988312
            1983121
            1983122

            Family History Center (FHC) worldwide.

            LDS - Mormon FHCs - LOCATIONS

            Am sure there are LDS FHCs located in PA wherever you reside.

            Church Record Translations

            http://www.bmi.net/jjaso//

            Hungarian English
            rk.-RK. római katholikus Roman Catholic