[Admin] Scope of the list

  • mpetzolt
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2004
      Please remember that this list is for -genealogy only-. We exist to
      provide a place for genealogy discussions, questions etc away from
      discussions that are of any other nature.

      Also, remember that right now, I only have sparodic computer access
      due to my personal health situation right now. As a group, we have
      blessedly few problems (thank goodness), however, there was a time in
      the past when things got so out of hand in terms of off topic
      discussions that I had no choice but to set the list to moderated,
      which means every message had to be approved by me first... and in
      the current situation, that may mean that I only get to a computer
      once a week.... I doubt that is what anyone wants.

      We are all adults here and are capable of adhering to rules of the
      list, and I hope be understanding of my situation right now in terms
      of limited time. This list means a lot to many people (including me),
      so please... be considerate of each other and keep the list on topic
      and also I would appreciate your understanding of my own situation at
      this time. I hate being the "bad guy" and having to send these kind
      of messages!

      If someone sends an off topic message... and I am not around...
      please write to them privately and explain the situation. Also, since
      I open my hotmail account before I read list messages (I read them on
      the webpage ), feel free to write to me at maurasminis@...
      and let me know -- that would be quicker.

      Thank you all for your consideration and helping keep this a great
      list to research our roots!

      Maura
      Listowner