alias - no family relation

  • barbginct
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 24, 2004
      While looking for my grandfather's birth record in the LDS church
      records I had a problem.
      For the first 2 children, my great-grandmother is listed with her
      maiden name of Anna Szabo.
      For my grandfather and the next child, she is listed with the
      name /Valyko/Rovalyova/Anna. There is no mention of Szabo.
      For the next child, only Valyko appears.
      Then, for the next child, the church record reads - "Szabo Anna
      (:alias:/ Valyko)".

      What does this other name mean? Why would she have an alias?
      There is a family in the town with the name Valyko.
      So far I have not found a connection with the Valyko family and the
      Szabo or her husband Gulya. Also, she died in 1891 and there is no
      mention of Valyko.
      This is for the town of Hankovce.