Re: County Maps in Slovakia

  • Ron Matviyak
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2000
      Thanks for letting me know. It is nice to know the sharing is
      appreciated; of course many things are shared so it is soon impossible
      (for me anyhow) to tell the 'original' source -

      Good luck! Once you get it narrowed down to a specific place or two, if
      you want the best current topographic maps I always recommend the
      'Touristica Mapa' series at 1:50,000 You can get these maps for $2 -
      $4 in Slovakia or order them for $10 at
      http://www.dholmes.com/rm-book.html
      check about 2/3 down the page.
      If these are the English language maps (they come in Slovak, German and
      English) then they are well worth the price! They are often tough to
      find in SLovakia, particularly THE map in THE preferred language. I
      took any language I could find.

      Ron