Zbudska Bela

  • Melody Amsel-Arieli
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 5, 2004
      Is any of you from Zbudska Bela--or been to that town? It is in NE Slovakia, along the Laboric River, north of Humenne.

      Thanks, Melody Amsel
      Maaleh Adumim, Israel

    • Frank
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 5, 2004
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Melody Amsel-Arieli
        <goldenjerusalem@y...> wrote:
        > Is any of you from Zbudska Bela--or been to that town? It is in NE
        Slovakia, along the Laboric River, north of Humenne.

        > Thanks, Melody Amsel
        > Maaleh Adumim, Israel

        I have never been in Zbudska Bela nor do I know your surname.

        Hungarian English
        rk.-RK. római katholikus Roman Catholic
        kg. KG. keleti görög Greek Oriental (Eastern
        Orthodox)
        ag. AG. ágostai Evangelical (Lutheran)
        izr. IZR. izraelita Israelite (Jewish)

        The LDS-Mormons filmed the G.C. records for Zbudská Belá.
        Some Catholic churches in Slovakia kept copies of Jewish records.
        >From your address expect you may be interested in its Jewish
        community records.

        The LDS-Mormons filmed its Jewish records (1838-1895) which are
        listed under Humenné.
        Text in German and Hungarian.

        The problem is that LDS-Mormon microfilms are not available in Israel.

        You have surname "hits" under Slovakia at JGFF.
        Why don't you email me directly rather than post reply at [S-R]
        Perhaps some other communities in Slovakia ?

        Frank Kurcina