Re: Village Name

  • Frank
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 4, 2004
      --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Costel" <gcostel64@c...> wrote:
      > I have a Declaration of Intention for Citizenship for a relative, and he
      > lists his place of birth as "Krilovce" in the year 1889. Is this the
      > same as present day "Krislovce"?
      >
      > If so, does anyone know with what village/town the Church Records would
      > be located with in the FHL films?
      >
      > Thanks, again
      > Gary

      Kris^l'ovce (Sk) Krislivci (Ru) Kryslivci (H) was a C-R village located in
      Zemplén megye.

      Its LDS G.C. parish church records are listed under Brus^nica (1831-1945)
      Text in Latin and Hungarian and Rusyn.

      film #
      1792035
      1792036

      Frank
    • Gary Costel
      Message 2 of 10 , May 6, 2004
        I have a name of a village that was written down as to where an ancestor
        was from in present day Slovakia.

        The "old village name" was either spelled Meges or Megyes. I believe
        that the "new village name" is Medzianky.
        Can anyone verify if this is correct?

        Thanks,
        Gary

      • June McKee
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 26, 2007
          John,
          thanks for the information. I hadnt thought of trying that one yet. I will diffently give it a try.

          June

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 11, 2014
            Name of village is: (slovakian name)Laliť , (hun)Liliomos, or (serb-croatian)Lalić.

            In ship records i found many misspelled variations of village name:  Hiliomos, Hilionos, Lihamos, Lility, Liliamas, Lality...

            Slovak families come in  village between years 1760 – 1790s. Slovak evangelical church was built  between years 1848—1852, before that church records(births, deaths, marriages) was in Selenča.

            Family Butaš still live in Lalit.