Translation

  • Gary Costel
    Message 1 of 54 , Mar 4, 2004
      Here I go again.....

      I have copies of GC Church records for relatives from the villages of
      Krive/Kruzlov.

      Under the column where the cause of death is listed, I find a word that
      I cannot translate. I am not sure if I have the spelling correct, but
      it appears to be:

      (d/o/u/n)shysis

      That is the best that I can make it out. It appears in several of the
      listings.

      The handwriting isn't that great. Looking at a list, the closest I can
      come is "tussis" which is whooping cough. However, in other listings on
      the same page, "tussis" is clearly written compared to my listing.

      If needed, I can scan in the page and email separately.

      Thanks,
      Gary

      gcostel64@...
    • Samuel Ontko
      Message 54 of 54 , Dec 6, 2013
        Child Anna
        Born 9 Aug 1898
        Baptized 10 Aug 1898
        legitimate
        parents – you know and they look to be GC Greek Catholic
        living in Falkusovce
        Godparents
        and official/priest/

        Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 8:57 PM
        Subject: [S-R] Translation

        Again - I need a translation on the link below

        P.361 Ln 36 - I see my relatives names within this line - Rudlyovszki Mihaly and Estok Zsuzanna.

        Thank you, Jon