RE: [S-R] Re: Surname opinions wanted

  • dan wanchic
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2004
      Thanks for the comments.

      I was sure that pomegranates weren't grown in A-H but
      they were grown in Italy and Spain and other Med areas.
      That raised the possibility of a demand for them and led
      me to speculate about this being a trade name.

      The Garnet theory was my leading theory until I stumbled upon
      the pomegranate idea.

      We will probably never know for certain but before I started
      looking at genealogy no one in my family had an inkling of the meaning.
      That's what makes genealogy so much fun.

      Thanks

      Dan