Zaubi - Mogel

  • memlane@xxx.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11 1:08 PM
      These two last names are my great great grandmother's maiden names. Is
      there anyone out there researching either of these families? These
      names are from the early 1800's.

      Maria ZAUBI was married to Johann Lipovsek. The address on their sons'
      marriage license was Gross Rakitovc 29. They had one son that I know of
      Andreas Lipovsek (born 1829).

      Maria Mogel was married to Paul Podbeusek. The address on their
      daughter's marriage license was Poljane 14, Pfarr Kerschstellten. They
      had four children that I know of Marija Podbelsek (born 1837), Neza
      Podbelsek (born 1840, Marianna (Anna, Marija, Marijana) (born 1843)
      Podbelsek and Joseph Podbelsek (born 1849).

      Is there a form of census in SLovenia. I have had some luck with
      getting copies of documents but finding brothers or sisters isn't as
      easy. In the U.S. the census is very helpful since once you locate the
      parents you can get the children's names. Is there any way to do this?

      Thanks for all your information.

      Phyllis