Re: [S-R] Town names

  • WHew536674@cs.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8 2:20 PM
      Albert,

      I did an EI search on your Maria Budja using a name search and the only Maria
      Budja I found was from Belust, CZ who came here in 1921. I guess this is
      another person. How did you find her? If we can look at the ship manifest maybe
      we can look at the name of the town she came from again to see if it is Tohan
      Taroska. I find no such town in my book and Google comes up with nothing so
      I am assuming that is the wrong spelling.

      Joyce

    • Albert Dubnicka
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8 3:12 PM
        Hi Joyce,

        You may have misspelled the name I was asking about. Her surname is
        BUDAJ not Budja. Maybe that's why you couldn't find her.
        Thanks for responding.
        Al

        WHew536674@... wrote:

        >Albert,
        >
        >I did an EI search on your Maria Budja using a name search and the only Maria
        >Budja I found was from Belust, CZ who came here in 1921. I guess this is
        >another person. How did you find her? If we can look at the ship manifest maybe
        >we can look at the name of the town she came from again to see if it is Tohan
        >Taroska. I find no such town in my book and Google comes up with nothing so
        >I am assuming that is the wrong spelling.
        >
        >Joyce

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Vladimir Linder
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 8 5:12 PM
          It could be BELUSA formerly Beluss, north east from Ilava.

          Vladi

          At 03:12 PM 2/8/2004, you wrote:
          >Hi Joyce,
          >
          >You may have misspelled the name I was asking about. Her surname is
          >BUDAJ not Budja. Maybe that's why you couldn't find her.
          >Thanks for responding.
          >Al
          >
          >WHew536674@... wrote:
          >
          > >Albert,
          > >
          > >I did an EI search on your Maria Budja using a name search and the only
          > Maria
          > >Budja I found was from Belust, CZ who came here in 1921. I guess this is
          > >another person. How did you find her? If we can look at the ship
          > manifest maybe
          > >we can look at the name of the town she came from again to see if it is
          > Tohan
          > >Taroska. I find no such town in my book and Google comes up with
          > nothing so
          > >I am assuming that is the wrong spelling.
          > >
          > >Joyce

          Vladimir Linder

          I do Genealogical research, Ancsestral Village Videos and Ancestral Village
          Photography in Slovakia.

          More information on:
          History of any village or town in Slovakia:
          http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/histtrans.htm
          Genealogical research:
          http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Genrsrch/genealogical_research.htm
          Ancestral Village Videos:
          http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_videos.htm
          Ancestral Village Photography:
          http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_photography.htm

          Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$35.00 per page

          Next Genealogical, Ancestral Village Videos and Photography trip starts on
          FEBRUARY 23, 2004

          To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
          My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-907-297-508

          Email: vlinder49@...

          Contact me for more details
          Vladimir Linder
          3804 Yale Street
          Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
          Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616