Re: [S-R] About Surname Database - Please Read

  • mpetzolt
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 7, 2004
      No, you do NOT have to have a yahoo email account to use yahoogroups.
      More people on this list do not have one than those that do.

      Actually, problems often occur when people have a yahoo email
      adddress, join a yahoogroups list, but then say they can't access
      functions on a list... and the reason is they have the yahoo email,
      but never completed the yahoogroups registration.. so yahoogroups
      does not recognize them to use functions on the webpage.

      I've been doing this awhile... and believe me, if you had to have a
      yahoo email to access these groups, there would not nearly be as many
      people on them. Including me since I don't have a yahoo account and
      never have.

      To check on your membership, go to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS , in top right corner
      click on Edit my Membership. That will tell you how you are joined to
      yahoogroups, and what any potential problems are that you have to
      fix with yahoo.

      Maura