NARA requests

  • Kevin Fosko
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2004
      I realize I am a little late to join in on the NARA
      discussion, but just wanted to relay a positive
      experience I had with the Chicago NARA.

      I sent an email request last Saturday the 31st to the
      Chicago NARA requesting an immigration lookup, and
      today got a response back by postal mail. Though they
      did not find what I requested, they gave me a
      suggestion on where I should look next, complete with
      mailing address and telephone number. Also included
      was a pamphlet on what records are, and aren't, stored
      there.

      What may have helped in my case was that I said that I
      had already looked in the Washington, DC NARA (who had
      directed me to Chicago), I gave the microfilm number
      of the immigration index (I found that on the Chicago
      NARA website), and gave all pertinent information. I
      would agree with others, that if you don't succeed in
      getting a response, try again.

      Kevin Fosko

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html