Re: [S-R] Lazisko

  • Vladimir Linder
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 4, 2004
      >That is no problem at all. THe village is still called LAZISKO and it is
      >located south of mid point between Ruzomberok and Liptovsky Mikulas, first
      >mention of the village dates back to 1352

      Vladi

      >I've been trying to learn about the village of Lazisko. I've tried the
      >archives here,
      >online newspapers and general web searches and can't find much. Can anyone
      >here
      >direct me to an information source?
      >Thanks so much.
      >Liza

      Vladimir Linder

      I do Genealogical research, Ancsestral Village Videos and Ancestral Village
      Photography in Slovakia.

      More information on:
      History of any village or town in Slovakia:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/histtrans.htm
      Genealogical research:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Genrsrch/genealogical_research.htm
      Ancestral Village Videos:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_videos.htm
      Ancestral Village Photography:
      http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Videos/ancestral_photography.htm

      Slovak-English and English Slovak Translations US$35.00 per page

      Next Genealogical, Ancestral Village Videos and Photography trip starts on
      FEBRUARY 23, 2004

      To reach me in Slovakia please email me at: vlinder49@...
      My cell in Slovakia is: 011-421-907-297-508

      Email: vlinder49@...

      Contact me for more details
      Vladimir Linder
      3804 Yale Street
      Burnaby, BC, V5C 1P6, CANADA
      Phone/Fax: 1-604-291-8065, Cell: 1-604-889-4616
    • Frank
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 4, 2004
        --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lizajanco" <eajanco@s...> wrote:
        > I've been trying to learn about the village of Lazisko. I've tried the ar=
        chives here,
        > online newspapers and general web searches and can't find much. Can anyon=
        e here
        > direct me to an information source?
        > Thanks so much.
        > Liza

        Lazisko is located 204 km ENE of Bratislava.

        The website for Lazisko (Sk) Laziszko' (H) appears to be under construction=

        on WWW.

        The R.C. parish church records (1733-1927) for Lazisko are listed under Svä=
        ty Kríz^.
        Text in Latin and Hungarian.

        Frank K
      • Liza Janco
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 5, 2004
          Thank you for all your good help so far. I'd also like to find some
          information about the history and evolution of the village and its
          people. Are there ways of researching this?

          Liza

          On Wednesday, February 4, 2004, at 08:21 PM, Frank wrote:

          > --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, "lizajanco" <eajanco@s...> wrote:
          > > I've been trying to learn about the village of Lazisko. I've tried
          > the ar=
          > chives here,
          > > online newspapers and general web searches and can't find much. Can
          > anyon=
          > e here
          > > direct me to an information source?
          > > Thanks so much.
          > > Liza
          >

          > Lazisko is located 204 km ENE of Bratislava.
          >
          > The website for Lazisko (Sk) Laziszko' (H) appears to be under
          > construction=
          >
          > on WWW.
          >
          > The R.C. parish church records (1733-1927) for Lazisko are listed
          > under Sv�=
          > ty Kr�z^.
          > Text in Latin and Hungarian.
          >
          > Frank K
          >

          > To unsubscribe from this group, go to
          > http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/SLOVAK-ROOTS%ef%bf%bd -or- send� blank email

          <image.tiff>

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > �
          > �

        • Frank
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 5, 2004
            > From: Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@...>

            > Subject: Re: Re: Lazisko

            > I don't know where you get your info, but I checked two books and
            Kysucky
            > Lieskvec was never even remotely called Laziszko > or Lazisko and i
            can trace
            > it back to 1439.

            > The info I posted earlier is the only Lazisko in > Slovakia.

            Dear Vladimir,

            That message was immediately deleted and corrected.
            The Lazisko website was supposedly "under construction".

            Don't know how you can have read my first mesage ?

            Nevertheless, I haven't been in Slovakia since 1946.
            You have an advantage because since 1997 you still seem to have just
            returned or are just going to a village that a surname researcher is seekin=
            for their Slovak heritage.
            Business must be good.

            Do you still sell those 3 volumes of VLASTIVEDNÝ SLOVNÍK
            OBCÍ NA SLOVENSKU (1977) for $ 600 ?

            Volumes must be OP now and no longer available in Slovakia.

            Frank Kurcina
          • Vladimir Linder
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 5, 2004
              I get all the messages by email, so whatever you sent it comes to me. I
              don't go and look at the messages on Yahoo site at all.
              You are right about my travels and yes if the business was any better I
              don't think I could stand it.
              Last time I was in Slovakia was last year in November and will be going
              again in two weeks and then in summer again. Possibly not fall this year.
              Next year only one trip is planned. You see I have now researchers working
              for me in Slovakia as I can't handle it all by myself anymore.

              This dictionary of all villages was published in 1970 and yes I have one
              left. I don't remember it being quite that high. The price was reduced and
              it is posted at:
              http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/vlastslovnik.htm
              And yes it is out of print and unavailable in Slovakia.

              All the other items are posted at:
              http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Shopping_home.htm

              You know me well enough, everything is posted at my pages:
              http://www.slovakheritage.org/index.htm

              And I am also very proud to say that I received over 2.250.000 hits last
              year. Just last month which is to be the slowest month I had 213140 hits.

              Vladimir

              At 07:41 AM 2/5/2004, you wrote:
              > > From: Vladimir Linder <vlinder49@...>
              >
              > > Subject: Re: Re: Lazisko
              >
              > > I don't know where you get your info, but I checked two books and
              >Kysucky
              > > Lieskvec was never even remotely called Laziszko > or Lazisko and i
              >can trace
              > > it back to 1439.
              >
              > > The info I posted earlier is the only Lazisko in > Slovakia.
              >
              >Dear Vladimir,
              >
              >That message was immediately deleted and corrected.
              >The Lazisko website was supposedly "under construction".
              >
              >Don't know how you can have read my first mesage ?
              >
              >Nevertheless, I haven't been in Slovakia since 1946.
              >You have an advantage because since 1997 you still seem to have just
              >returned or are just going to a village that a surname researcher is seekin=
              >for their Slovak heritage.
              >Business must be good.
              >
              >Do you still sell those 3 volumes of VLASTIVEDNÝ SLOVNÍK
              >OBCÍ NA SLOVENSKU (1977) for $ 600 ?

              This was published in 1970 and yes I have one left. I don't remember it
              being quite that high. The price was reduced and it is posted at:
              http://www.slovakheritage.org/Shopping/Books/vlastslovnik.htm
              And yes it is out of print and unavailable in Slovakia

              >Volumes must be OP now and no longer available in Slovakia.

              >Frank Kurcina
            • Frank
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 5, 2004
                --- In SLOVAK-ROOTS@yahoogroups.com, Liza Janco <eajanco@s...> wrote:
                > Thank you for all your good help so far. I'd also like to find some
                > information about the history and evolution of the village and its
                > people. Are there ways of researching this?
                >
                > Liza

                Liza,

                Attempted to send you personal information via direct email at your former =
                email
                address ( Indianapolis ? ) and it bounced, so you may have changed it ?
                Didn't want to post it since Slovak-Roots uses Public archives and any goo=
                d search
                engine can read all the messages posted whether one is a list member or no=
                t..

                Frank K

              • Rosenchet@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 5, 2004
                  I got a copy of your email and am interested in finding out more about Lysa
                  where my father came from-I think that is near Bratislava.

                  Rosemary Douglas, email Rosenchet@...

                • Vladimir Linder
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 5, 2004
                    Sorry to give you bad news, but ther is no Lysa or ever was near
                    Bratislava. You will have to find a bit more.

                    There are LYSA pod Makytou north west of Puchov almost at the Czech
                    republic border, then LYSA nad Dunajcom which is located at the polish
                    border west ofSpisska Stara Ves and there is Lysa also at the Polish border
                    west of Lendak and there is LYSICA east of Zilina

                    Vladi