Re: [S-R] Trying something new... need your assistance

  • ROZ K ERHARDT
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2004
      To add your surname info to the database go to:

      the main page for this group and on the left hand side you will see the
      word "Database" just under members, sign in and click on Database and Add
      Surname, then fill in form.

      I hope everyone adds their info so we can get more organized,
      Rozalia

    • Albert Dubnicka
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2004
        Someone please help and lead me through the process to pick up the
        database so I can add my families names.
        Thanks

      • WHew536674@cs.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2004
          Maura,

          I think that is a great idea. I like the idea of both name and location.
          Here are the names of some of the people I found in the church records that are
          either in my direct line or married into it, that I would be most interested
          in.

          ALBINY - ALBINI
          BARLOG
          BLAHNIKA
          CSERNY
          CZIRBESZ
          DEMAN
          FARKAS
          FERJENCIK
          GERMANUS
          GETTLER
          GLAUF
          GLOSZ - GLOS
          GOSALTOVSZKY

          They were from Jelsava, Gemer County.

          Joyce

        • ROZ K ERHARDT

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 6, 2004
                Hi Rozalia,
                You seem to be very knowledgeable regarding Slovak Roots.
                I posted the family name to Maura's new database yesterday, saw it
                there, now it isn't. I haven't been able to pull up the database page to
                do what I did yesterday. Can you offer me any help?

                Albert P. Dubnicka

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 7, 2004
                  Albert,
                  The problem may be that the first day the database was opened, we were
                  suppose to only add surnames starting with the letters A - E. I in my
                  enthusiasm for the project ,forgot that rule and entered all my surnames.
                  Maura promptly deleted any surnames that started with any other letter.
                  On Thursday, she started a new database for the initials F-J, only.
                  SO, if you did what i did, you Surnames could have been deleted but if
                  they fall between F-J, then you can sign in at the top of the Slovak
                  Roots web page, using your login name & password, then try again to click
                  on Databases and you will see on the next screen where both DB's appear.
                  Hope this is clear and is of some use.
                  I anticipate the next DB's perhaps next week when Maura has more computer
                  time.
                  Have a great Friday !
                  rozalia
                • William F Brna
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 7, 2004
                    This has already been done. Slovak Pride an www.iarelative.com has at
                    least 13, 300 names already entered. For further information, you can
                    contact Helene Cincebeaux at helenezx@....

                    Bill Brna