Re: [S-R] Trying something new... need your assistance

  • Bratgirl54@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4, 2004
      Who do we send the surnames to or where to we add them?
    • ROZ K ERHARDT
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4, 2004
        To add your surname info to the database go to:

        the main page for this group and on the left hand side you will see the
        word "Database" just under members, sign in and click on Database and Add
        Surname, then fill in form.

        I hope everyone adds their info so we can get more organized,
        Rozalia

      • Albert Dubnicka
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4, 2004
          Someone please help and lead me through the process to pick up the
          database so I can add my families names.
          Thanks

        • WHew536674@cs.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4, 2004
            Maura,

            I think that is a great idea. I like the idea of both name and location.
            Here are the names of some of the people I found in the church records that are
            either in my direct line or married into it, that I would be most interested
            in.

            ALBINY - ALBINI
            BARLOG
            BLAHNIKA
            CSERNY
            CZIRBESZ
            DEMAN
            FARKAS
            FERJENCIK
            GERMANUS
            GETTLER
            GLAUF
            GLOSZ - GLOS
            GOSALTOVSZKY

            They were from Jelsava, Gemer County.

            Joyce

          • ROZ K ERHARDT

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 6, 2004
                  Hi Rozalia,
                  You seem to be very knowledgeable regarding Slovak Roots.
                  I posted the family name to Maura's new database yesterday, saw it
                  there, now it isn't. I haven't been able to pull up the database page to
                  do what I did yesterday. Can you offer me any help?

                  Albert P. Dubnicka

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 7, 2004
                    Albert,
                    The problem may be that the first day the database was opened, we were
                    suppose to only add surnames starting with the letters A - E. I in my
                    enthusiasm for the project ,forgot that rule and entered all my surnames.
                    Maura promptly deleted any surnames that started with any other letter.
                    On Thursday, she started a new database for the initials F-J, only.
                    SO, if you did what i did, you Surnames could have been deleted but if
                    they fall between F-J, then you can sign in at the top of the Slovak
                    Roots web page, using your login name & password, then try again to click
                    on Databases and you will see on the next screen where both DB's appear.
                    Hope this is clear and is of some use.
                    I anticipate the next DB's perhaps next week when Maura has more computer
                    time.
                    Have a great Friday !
                    rozalia
                  • William F Brna
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 7, 2004
                      This has already been done. Slovak Pride an www.iarelative.com has at
                      least 13, 300 names already entered. For further information, you can
                      contact Helene Cincebeaux at helenezx@....

                      Bill Brna