Re: [S-R] Trying something new... need your assistance

  • ROZ K ERHARDT
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 4 11:31 AM
      Maura, What a great idea. I have added the Surnames for the 4 generations
      back, both maternal & paternal. I hope everyone adds their names to the
      database. It sure will make being more organized with our research here.
      Thanks, rozalia

    • Bratgirl54@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 4 1:00 PM
        Who do we send the surnames to or where to we add them?
      • ROZ K ERHARDT
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 4 2:36 PM
          To add your surname info to the database go to:

          the main page for this group and on the left hand side you will see the
          word "Database" just under members, sign in and click on Database and Add
          Surname, then fill in form.

          I hope everyone adds their info so we can get more organized,
          Rozalia

        • Albert Dubnicka
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 4 4:26 PM
            Someone please help and lead me through the process to pick up the
            database so I can add my families names.
            Thanks

          • WHew536674@cs.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 4 6:11 PM
              Maura,

              I think that is a great idea. I like the idea of both name and location.
              Here are the names of some of the people I found in the church records that are
              either in my direct line or married into it, that I would be most interested
              in.

              ALBINY - ALBINI
              BARLOG
              BLAHNIKA
              CSERNY
              CZIRBESZ
              DEMAN
              FARKAS
              FERJENCIK
              GERMANUS
              GETTLER
              GLAUF
              GLOSZ - GLOS
              GOSALTOVSZKY

              They were from Jelsava, Gemer County.

              Joyce

            • ROZ K ERHARDT

                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 6 7:36 AM
                    Hi Rozalia,
                    You seem to be very knowledgeable regarding Slovak Roots.
                    I posted the family name to Maura's new database yesterday, saw it
                    there, now it isn't. I haven't been able to pull up the database page to
                    do what I did yesterday. Can you offer me any help?

                    Albert P. Dubnicka

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 7 12:43 AM
                      Albert,
                      The problem may be that the first day the database was opened, we were
                      suppose to only add surnames starting with the letters A - E. I in my
                      enthusiasm for the project ,forgot that rule and entered all my surnames.
                      Maura promptly deleted any surnames that started with any other letter.
                      On Thursday, she started a new database for the initials F-J, only.
                      SO, if you did what i did, you Surnames could have been deleted but if
                      they fall between F-J, then you can sign in at the top of the Slovak
                      Roots web page, using your login name & password, then try again to click
                      on Databases and you will see on the next screen where both DB's appear.
                      Hope this is clear and is of some use.
                      I anticipate the next DB's perhaps next week when Maura has more computer
                      time.
                      Have a great Friday !
                      rozalia
                    • William F Brna
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 7 1:46 PM
                        This has already been done. Slovak Pride an www.iarelative.com has at
                        least 13, 300 names already entered. For further information, you can
                        contact Helene Cincebeaux at helenezx@....

                        Bill Brna